Tattoo cover up ideas/Need suggestions

• Thread starter patata
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

patata

7 heaven
Reaction score
So I was impatient and did a ghetto tattoo that I want to cover up.It's pretty big as well:wallbash:

10262154_774984592520022_748375376171131815_n.jpg

Best photo I have.

I'm thinking of getting it all black and having another tatoo on the other side of my hand.Or getting it faded with removal cream and having something else done.

Suggestions?I'm open to anything.For any cover up only oldschool/black tattoos.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
I don't know about removal cream but fading is definitely necessary imo. The studio I get my tattoos at does a lot of partial laser removals before coverups :)

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
I'd say, laser removal, and then some serious time to think about what you want to have there permanently.

A cover up commits you to something which will... well, cover the whole thing. You might decide to do something more detailed, smaller, or whatever.

Better to start with a blank canvas, and then figure out what would best suit for the long haul. No hurry, unless you're already on a terminal list somewhere....

no_dice

a very bad old bear
Reaction score
Which one? they both look pretty good to me.

Yeah, I was expecting some horrible botch job.

OP, the worst thing you can do when it comes to tattoos is be impatient. You have plenty of time to cover yourself up, but once it's on there, it doesn't come off easily.

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
Yeah man, I've seen way worse.. Both of those look pretty legit..

Daf57

5 7s in 4ths
Reaction score
I agree, both look fine, man! Be careful trying to cover up, unless it's really, really bothering you just chill with them for awhile. But I'd be fine with either of those! :yesway:

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
I think the better option would be to work them into some larger pieces that you do like.

patata

7 heaven
Reaction score
I'm talking about my right arm.I think that it would be cool to leave his head and cover the beard somehow.

no_dice

a very bad old bear
Reaction score
...unless the picture is reversed for some reason, the bearded guy is on your left arm. I still don't see what's shitty about it. You don't have access to any kind of camera to take a better picture?

I still maintain that looks too good for a rookie to have done on himself.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
It's not the most professional looking tattoo, but as others have said it's much better than most "ghetto" tattoos. Instead of a cover up, why not get it touched up/re-done by a more skilled artist?
Find a good reputable artist you like and schedule a consultation :2c:

ilyti

Lazy Ryebread Viking
Reaction score
I was expecting that you were talking about handmade prison tattoos.. those look fine. I agree with vilk, you should just try and work the image into something bigger that you like. Consult with an artist you really like and trust to help you come up with something.

Murdstone

Sycamore Trees
Reaction score
I'd personally get more bearded men and women and ditch the scorpion spider route. The guy looks totally fine.

JustMac

ss not-so-regular
Reaction score
Huh, I think I have that same bearded bloke on a Mastodon tshirt.

loqtrall

Banned
Reaction score
I'm just wondering why that kid in the background has suspenders hanging from jeans that obviously fit him.

Latest posts