tattoo thread

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
I don't have any yet.
I've thought of getting some a few times in my life but have always been happy later that I didn't. For example my old band used to have a pretty cool viking'ish logo which I was gonna have a tattoo of. But then the band broke up quite abruptly (well, I'm still sort of in the same band but the founder of the band who created the logo and name left and took it with him), so I'm happy I don't have a mark of that. I always thought if the band breaks up, I won't mind having a memory of the good times, but because how it went down, I'm glad I don't have it.
Now, my daughter's name is Lumi, which is Snow in Finnish, so I'm considering getting some kind of snowflake tattoo at some point, when my financial situations allows it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I've always heard people say it's hard to get the first one then they just keep coming - but for me it's been kinda backwards. The first one was easy (in part cause someone else paid for it), but I've always wanted a second and never done it. I think I've just yet to come up with anything that I imagine I would want permanently so I never went for it. I have ideas, but they're just ok ideas. As soon as I come up with something that I just HAVE TO get, an idea so brilliant I wonder why I didn't think of it before - I'm sure I wouldn't hesitate.

Currently I only have the sort of obvious/cliche small guitar outline on one arm. It's explorer shaped because explorers are the best guitar shapes by every objective measure.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
And that's the overthinking part I mentioned. They don't have to be brilliant, you just have to like it. None of my tattoos are earth-shattering art, but I love all of them.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I have a stupid fucking bee on my arm cause I was banging some girl who wanted to go get mystery vending machine tattoos(basically you put a token in the machine and got a random $25 tattoo). It’s a constant reminder not to blinded by my horniness.
"Don't bee an idiot when you're trying to hit it"

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I've been thinking the last couple years what I want for my first couple tattoos and have a pretty good idea, just need to wait for Michigan to collectively unfuck itself so I can feel safe going to some artists over there. There's a few good ones in my city but the ones I've found across my border are more my style.

I've been really digging the trash polka style, even though I hate the name. The realistic black work with vibrant colours for contrast looks really sharp Imo.

soliloquy

Reaction score
for me, thats precisely why I'm not getting something that is VERY obvious. People come and go. For example, my partner's name translates as 'moon'. I could get her name tattooed on me. But in the event we break up, it wouldn't make sense. Thus getting the moon, itself, is a bit more symbolic as its general. It could be to honor her; but it could also be because I do happen to like the moon and it brings me peace

soliloquy

Reaction score
I've been thinking the last couple years what I want for my first couple tattoos and have a pretty good idea, just need to wait for Michigan to collectively unfuck itself so I can feel safe going to some artists over there. There's a few good ones in my city but the ones I've found across my border are more my style.

I've been really digging the trash polka style, even though I hate the name. The realistic black work with vibrant colours for contrast looks really sharp Imo.

wasn't aware of 'Trash Polka'. Now this seems interesting.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
for me, thats precisely why I'm not getting something that is VERY obvious. People come and go. For example, my partner's name translates as 'moon'. I could get her name tattooed on me. But in the event we break up, it wouldn't make sense. Thus getting the moon, itself, is a bit more symbolic as its general. It could be to honor her; but it could also be because I do happen to like the moon and it brings me peace

Or just get a cover-up.

jaxadam

Reaction score
BA8-FCBD1-56-F0-4045-87-A9-9-B7-BDB1-FFA6-E.jpg

lelandbowman3

Reaction score
Cool thread! I'm currently working on a Lovecraft-themed sleeve, which is a lot of illustration but no real "style."
I have really been into neotraditional recently because I've seen a lot of cool designs and color studies. I haven't really had any setbacks because of my tattoos (knock on wood) even though I live in the Bible belt. I do have an I Killed the Prom Queen tattoo across my chest.

soliloquy

Reaction score
Cool thread! I'm currently working on a Lovecraft-themed sleeve, which is a lot of illustration but no real "style."
I have really been into neotraditional recently because I've seen a lot of cool designs and color studies. I haven't really had any setbacks because of my tattoos (knock on wood) even though I live in the Bible belt. I do have an I Killed the Prom Queen tattoo across my chest.

if you have any sketches of the lovecraft design, id love to see em

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I have a consultation Monday to discuss the first part of my forearm cover up, hoping to do it either mid-October or early November if possible

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I have a consultation Monday to discuss the first part of my forearm cover up, hoping to do it either mid-October or early November if possible

And deposit is put down for exactly when I thought, mid-October :lol: Looking at a 4-hr session to do a color forearm piece

soliloquy

Reaction score
And deposit is put down for exactly when I thought, mid-October :lol: Looking at a 4-hr session to do a color forearm piece

sweet! looking forward to that!!!

my tattoo artist keeps getting pushed further back. She was originally supposed to come to my city in December, but then got delayed to January, then February, now maybe May? Covid is doing its thing and preventing people from traveling. i refuse to get it done from anyone else but her...so lets see

Jarmake

Frost Giant
Reaction score
I had my first tattoo when I was 15. It was a simple barb wire on my right bicep. Then right after getting that one I got another one, at 33, to my left arm. It's a half sleeve (I guess?) on my left hand... There's a tree branch with a bird over a lake. On the other side of the lake there's some snowy trees and aurora borealis in the sky. There's a lot of colors. Red, yellow, orange, different shades of blue and green, white...