Teach Me How To Grindcore

• Thread starter Mwoit
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mwoit

Reaction score
I'm looking for more grindcore bands. The better production, the more likely to enjoy it. The less metal it is, the better.

Right now I'm listening to Magrudergrind and Disciples Of Christ. It's great. Anything like that would be awesome.

I also love Gridlink, Discordance Axis, Pig Destroyer, Agoraphobic Nosebleed, Nails, Daughters, Gaza, Napalm Death, Nasum, Weekend Nachos.

Keywords being FAST and LOUD.

:hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mwoit

Reaction score
Oops, forgot about Wormrot. I dig them.

I'll listen to Mumakil after I finish the DOC splits.

broj15

Reaction score
I've been digging Svffer and Dead In The Dirt's newest albums

edit: forgot to mention Full Of Hell is collaborating with Merzbow (harsh noise artist) for their next full length. Here's their most recent

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score

Some songs from all different points in the spectrum. Some may not consider all of it true grindcore, but whatever.

broj15

Reaction score
^^^ see you next tuesday are great. It sucsk they got wrote off as "another shitty deathcore band"

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Intervals is one of the sickest albums out there. Grindy, sludgy, and blasty. Just the way it needs to be.

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
Kudos to the Anal Cvnt suggestion! This is Wormed. More death than grind but they are way over the top and pretty intense.

Circle of Dead Children is a personal favorite:

Check out Willowtip Records lineup. They've had a lot of great grind acts over the years.

ofu

Reaction score
Grindcore without metal sounds like powerviolence to me. Don't want to sound like jerk, but I'd say - start from the beginning, don't just go with the new polished records - learn something about the idea of the genre. After all, grindcore is 50% ideas and message. Check Siege, Repulsion, Terrorizer, Napalm Death's Scum and FETO. Dig in the archives and you'll find some great bands that never made it. For example, RED from Japan - great grindcore, but totally lost for the generations.

Check some "oldschool/traditional" bands - Wormrot, Insect Warfare, 50/50, Death Toll 80K, PLF, Heresy, Assuck, Sore Throat, ROT from Brazil, Unholy Grave, 324, Agathocles, Nausea from LA, Blood, Impetigo, Brutal Truth, Phobia, SOB, Archagatus, Machetazo, Nashgul, Sewn Shut and so on.

Then comes the scandinavian bands - before Nasum check some older bands like General Surgery and Necrony. Rotten Sound, Afgrund, Splitter, Sayyadina, The Arson Project, Exhale, Infanticide, Gadget, Deathbound, Parlamentarisk Sodomi, Psudoku.

Other great bands - Needful Things, Lycanthropy, Cripple Bastards (more hardcore, less metal), Looking For An Answer, Chiens, Blockheads, Proletar, Cellgraft, Blood Duster, Six Score, Catheter, Patareni.

Similar to Magrudergrind - Six Brew Bantha, ACxDC, Hatred Surge, Sylvester Staline, Extortion. Check some pv like Infest, Crossed Out, Lack of Interest, Weekend Nachos.

Totally check Yacopsae. Listen them all day and night, then go to their concert and blow your head. I've watched them right after Wormrot and Nasum (probably my favourite band ever) and during the Yacopsae set all I was capable to think was "this is the most intense band ever".

There are tons of great bands from Japan and Asia - Magnicide, Demisor (great oldschool band), SMG, Morbid Axe, GATT and so on. Lots of great bands in Australia.

Sorry, no links. Go check these bands and dig for some more - there are grincore bands from places you can't imagine (my country being one of them). The best thing about this music, at least for me, is this diversity - it is supposed to be just noise, but when you start listening, there is much more under that - great bands with great attitude towards the music, with active position and with intelligent messages, not just blind protest.

Sorry for the long post.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
Came to post Mumakil but :ninja: 'd

You should definitely listen to Misericordiam. Their first full length is the worst thing ever made, and then the EP they made after is the best thing ever made. I'd hook up the youtube but I'm at work. Listen to the track The Need Not Needless.

also +1 Brutal Truth

DarkWolfXV

Excised n anatomised
Reaction score
Came to post Mumakil but :ninja: 'd

You should definitely listen to Misericordiam. Their first full length is the worst thing ever made, and then the EP they made after is the best thing ever made. I'd hook up the youtube but I'm at work. Listen to the track The Need Not Needless.

also +1 Brutal Truth

Misericordiam are brutal death metal, not grindcore. #knowthedifference

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
There is definitely some grindcore going on in Misericordiam. More than Wormed or some other bands getting thrown around in this thread.