Tele thread

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
@MaxOfMetal my 1pc swamp ash body with massive maple neck does indeed have a bit of dive. I failed to ask for a lighter slab of maple to build the neck with and get to live with the result :lol:. I have thought about having a second neck built as I do like the feel of the 52 U shape.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@MaxOfMetal my 1pc swamp ash body with massive maple neck does indeed have a bit of dive. I failed to ask for a lighter slab of maple to build the neck with and get to live with the result :lol:. I have thought about having a second neck built as I do like the feel of the 52 U shape.

Should have done a matching ash neck. Those are badass. :lol:

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score

You prob have a 3.5 lbs Tele with a 2 lbs neck :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Should have done a matching ash neck. Those are badass. :lol:
Only reason i didnt buy the avri tele used to get the neck spec was its easier to sell a fender and i didnt want the temptation haha. He didnt have much ash on hand and has stopped building since.
You prob have a 3.5 lbs Tele with a 2 lbs neck :lol:
I think those numbers are backwards :lol: i need to locate a fender spec neck and see if its a direct swap for mine. Build was done using a Potvin template.

soliloquy

Reaction score
I'm about to do something really stupid....

certainly dont need it.
certainly dont have the space for it.
certainly a MASSIVE departure from the rest of my guitars.

yup

View attachment 126106

so...my wallet is a bit lighter.
I shall tease for a bit as i wont recieve it for another week. But will be getting it in pieces, so will take me time to make it functional.

however, its got the following:
Nitro Sonic Blue finish that is relic
alder body
quartersawn maple neck
maple fret board
22 frets stainless steel frets
aged board too

now i need to sort out what pickups and handwear i want on it.

Feel like a child playing with lego again.

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
so...my wallet is a bit lighter.
I shall tease for a bit as i wont recieve it for another week. But will be getting it in pieces, so will take me time to make it functional.

however, its got the following:
Nitro Sonic Blue finish that is relic
alder body
quartersawn maple neck
maple fret board
22 frets stainless steel frets
aged board too

now i need to sort out what pickups and handwear i want on it.

Feel like a child playing with lego again.

What kind of pickup routes? Classic Tele or something different? And what style(s) of music do you want to play on it?

sleewell

Reaction score
i have serial #2 of this run. balaguer thicket bb. not as much of a fan of the evertune as i used to be but it still fucks.

enhance

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
i have serial #2 of this run. balaguer thicket bb. not as much of a fan of the evertune as i used to be but it still fucks.

enhance

Amazing. I replied just so this would be posted twice. :)

gh0styboi

El Stressperado
Reaction score
This is the only one I have put together at the moment. All my other tele builds aren't finished.

The red sparkle with the red dots is awesome. Love that look...

Ok serious question because I do love how Teles sound and look:

Do they all neck dive to some degree? Every one I've played with a strap has the neck hang parallel to the floor at best (if not pointed to the floor). I just cannot deal with that.

Do any of you have Teles that don't do this?

(FWIW don't say just get a grippy/leather strap. That just results in the strap pulling down my shirt as the neck still dives).
I've had several, can't say that any of them have had neck dive, really.

As for myself, here's Lucretia - just recently got her second hand, and she's awesome. I'm currently about to swap the pick guard, front electronics plate, and knobs with dark red/crimson, and I've got a set of Sperzel locking tuners lined up that'll be red as well - plus a black Gotoh bridge. Excuse the wire mess - I'd just moved my shit around when I took this.

Attachments

• 350778910_1324427634931640_8646843196517927317_n.jpg
    350778910_1324427634931640_8646843196517927317_n.jpg
    390.1 KB · Views: 10

soliloquy

Reaction score
What kind of pickup routes? Classic Tele or something different? And what style(s) of music do you want to play on it?
thanks for inquiring.

its got a traditional tele pickup route, so single bridge and single neck. Debating on making it go the Esquire route, or just trad tele broadcaster,

as for music...maybe thats not the right question? I think I have my bases covered for humbuckers and p90's (got 2 les pauls with humbuckers, one with p90's). Single coils were missing in my list.
I think I want something better for chimey shimmering cleans, but can be used for some metal here and there.

I'm up for suggestions, and i dont mind going the GFS route either. I may use this guitar as a mod platform, so may keep experimenting with pickups
also i haven't had any single coiled guitars for sell over 15 years....so this is just my starting again

rokket2005

Reaction score
thanks for inquiring.

its got a traditional tele pickup route, so single bridge and single neck. Debating on making it go the Esquire route, or just trad tele broadcaster,

as for music...maybe thats not the right question? I think I have my bases covered for humbuckers and p90's (got 2 les pauls with humbuckers, one with p90's). Single coils were missing in my list.
I think I want something better for chimey shimmering cleans, but can be used for some metal here and there.

I'm up for suggestions, and i dont mind going the GFS route either. I may use this guitar as a mod platform, so may keep experimenting with pickups
also i haven't had any single coiled guitars for sell over 15 years....so this is just my starting again
Lollar Special T set and never worry again that you got the wrong pickups.

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
thanks for inquiring.

Check out the JBE (Joe Barden) Danny Gatton or Modern T sets.