Tesseract - Survival (Mix/Mastertest)

gunslingerjh

Headless Mofo
Reaction score
Just wanted to share this cover of Survival by Tesseract.

All guitarsounds are made with the POD HD500, drum is Superior Drummer 2.0 (mixing done seperately). Bass is guitar pro 6 with lots of processing!

Instrumental version:
[SC]https://soundcloud.com/julienhauspie/tesseract-survival-instrumental-mixmastertest[/SC]

Vocal version:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nitza

Reaction score
Well, the bass tone is sick, not gonna lie :p
Overall, super nice job - making me regret that I sold my HD500x :D

Stijnson

Reaction score
Good job dude, sounds great. Love the original songs' mix too, and this a good rendition of it!

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
I saw this on youtube super sick man. any chance on sharing the stems for mixing practice???

DeKay

Caynug
Reaction score
That sounds pretty good! The drums need some work on the cymbals tho!

schwiz

Lefty
Reaction score
Good tone for the HD500! ...and that bass tone! Overall I think you did a pretty nice job, but agree on the cymbals though.

Akhenat0n

Reaction score
Tnx a lot man, I really appreciate your effort. Could you explain the whole process of mixing/mastering a bit, I mean you gave us the stems and that's more than fine, but what's with the "magic inbetween"? Compression, Multiband Compression(?), Sidechaining, EQing....what kind of plugins....etc. It would be nice if we could get the exact same result just by inserting the provided stems into our DAWs. Clearly we can't, hence the question.