Teuffel Tesla Prodigy. Weird guitar. I want one.

• Thread starter Solodini
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kabstract

Flamenco is cool
Reaction score
Wow, it sounds great normally. The effects switch/button thingies seem hard to use properly though.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
The buttons seem relatively useless and gimmicky to me. Nice looking and sounding guitars otherwise though.

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
I would swerve off the road to ensure that I hit and killed whatever the fuck that thing is. :scratch:

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I would swerve off the road to ensure that I hit and killed whatever the fuck that thing is. :scratch:

:lol: I'm not actually a fan of those either. I appreciate the innovation, but it just looks homely to me.

Deadnightshade

U gonna eat that?
Reaction score
Yeah..Rock and roll spirit.With three gimmicky buttons that do that rock and roll harshness on demand,because that's exactly what rock and roll is all about.Doing that harshness on demand.

tuneinrecords

Reaction score
One of my students came in with a danelectro that he grabbed for $100. It's the kind with the FXs built into it. It is pretty fun to mess with although it's not something I find myself craving. I like having my feet to control the FX on the floor.
This particular guitar sure looks strange and I prefer a more traditional look, but I do appreciate innovative strange designs as well. A whacky looking car is fun to see on the road, but I'm glad I have my "normal" car.

Big fan of Nikola Tesla as well. For anyone who might not know much about the man, there are lots of great vids on youtube.

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
"This button right here , well that makes this shitty noise. Oh and that button next to it? It kills your signal but doesn't sound clean like a kill switch, it adds just enough shitification to it to sound bad. Oh and this last button? It makes that shitty noise you use to get when you wired something wrong. You know, that sound that as soon as your guitar made it, you unplugged it and rewired the pickup correctly. "

tuneinrecords

Reaction score
"This button right here , well that makes this shitty noise. Oh and that button next to it? It kills your signal but doesn't sound clean like a kill switch, it adds just enough shitification to it to sound bad. Oh and this last button? It makes that shitty noise you use to get when you wired something wrong? You know, that sound that as soon as your guitar made it, you unplugged it and rewired the pickup correctly. "

haha! yeah i thought there was way too much noise in there.

yingmin

Parker über alles
Reaction score
FYI, the guitar featured in that video is a 7-string.

I'd definitely be interested to try one of these guitars, although for every reason BUT those switches.

Dead Undead

New again
Reaction score
do-not-want-broccoli-dog.jpg

yingmin

Parker über alles
Reaction score
The guitar only has six strings. That can clearly be seen at 5:52.

However, if you've seen a video of this with seven strings, it would be great if you'd post it!

Guess my eyes tricked me. Pretty sure I've seen one of these in a seven, but not video footage thereof.

zorn

Reaction score
There are plenty of 7-string tesla videos on Youtube...

The Killswitch in the middle works great, if you know how to use it properly.
It is incredible responsive and IMO works better then the normal ones. If used correctly with gain you'll hear nothing.

FWIW the guitar has no 30" scale as Premier Guitar claims.

He plays through a Blackstar HT-5. A great deal of the crappy sound comes from the amp.

Used with the right effects the buttons are pretty neat. My Digitech Space Station even appegiates the micro button...