Texas SSO Members Check In

• Thread starter M3CHK1LLA
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ThePhilosopher

Reason User
Reaction score
Thanks, we are more nervous about a power outage than anything else; we have fairly good drainage here.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

watson503

Los Cochinos
Reaction score
I got up and checked a few times through the night but nothing major, the rain has been coming down but thankfully no heavy winds over here. Best of luck to y'all over there in Katy, ThePhilosopher - hopefully y'all don't lose power with your baby over there and things go smooth.

tedtan

Reaction score
Things are good here in League City so far (south east of Houston), but the retention ponds, bayous, etc are looking pretty full.

But what we're getting here in the Houston area is nothing compared to what Corpus Christie, Victoria, Port Aransas, et. al. are getting. Hopefully everyone pulls through without injury or serious damage to their property.

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
wow...looks bad

some already got shot...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ho...ice-say/ar-AAqIH00?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

here is a some info i just read...

Hurricane Harvey, a Category 4 storm, made landfall just after 11 p.m. eastern time on Friday with winds of 130 mph. It's the most powerful storm to hit the U.S. in over a decade, and the most powerful storm to hit Texas since 1961.

the military is there...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/da...t-texas/ar-AAqIObU?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

ThePhilosopher

Reason User
Reaction score
Some twisters a few miles north (10-15) of us earlier this evening, but nothing significantly different here in Katy.

Allen Parkway is going to be a river again tonight, and Meyerland is likely to be underwater at some point tonight or tomorrow.

tedtan

Reaction score
Major flooding in the Houston area. It's already worse than TS Allison in half the time. People in 2 story houses are having to swim out a second story window and climb onto their roofs to get out of the water.

I had just under 20 inches of rain at my house last night alone, and another 15-20 inches are forecast over the next few days. (Thats a whole year's worth of rain in less than a week).

Unfortunately, it will get worse before it gets better.

watson503

Los Cochinos
Reaction score
It's insane...I just watched a guy on a jet-ski going down 59 on the live local news coverage...parts of 45 look more like a bayou than a freeway and other freeways and feeders are just insanely flooded. This is the worst storm I've ever seen hit Houston - from Alicia to Allison to Ike - this is just insane.

sezna

undermotivated
Contributor
Reaction score
stuck in San Antonio while my parents try to fend off the water at our front door. Kills me to be here. I know it is safer here, but I'd much rather fend off a flood with my parents than be safe and hear about it from a group chat.

The water is so high. this is insane.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
Damn... Hope you guys down in H-Town will fare as well as possible. Last night was rough for a while here... some nasty gusts kept our huge pecan tree dancing around like crazy and making me nervous most of the night. I think that we topped out at around 16" of rain yesterday but we only got about 2" today so that has helped drainage to catch up. Still rescues and evacs going on around us but things seem to be settling down. Colorado will apparently crest here in front of our home around 1pm tomorrow at about 29'. Insane how much water flows down this river at times. Luckily we're well above the banks.

I swear I pray that this asshole-storm doesn't skip back out into the Gulf and then head up towards Galveston. That could be horrible for so many.

watson503

Los Cochinos
Reaction score
Day 3. We just got power back-on over here...It has been raining since 5am or so this morning and no sign of letting-up. I've never seen anything like this.

Houston before and after(during) Harvey:

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
What's crazy, this is the deepest water got in my yard

mqdSkRN.jpg

And this is a couple miles down the road where they are having to take people out by boat.

4YWsofp.jpg

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
Pics not working ^^^. Man I wish I knew how an old guitarist-buddy of mine is doing down that way. I haven't talked to him in years but really hope that he and his family are okay. I can't believe that y'all are still getting rain from this thing. At least it's slowly moving east now but still... I feel for you guys down there.

Stay safe, Jerry.. just in case you're on here.

tedtan

Reaction score
Earlier today, The Weather Channel mentioned an unofficial report of 52.8 inches of rain in League City over the past two and a half days. Average annual rainfall here is 48 inches. This is expected to be the most costly natural disaster in US history.

So far I've been fine, but many here are not. There are tens of thousands of people in shelters and plenty more who have also lost everything they own except the clothes on their backs.

If you have old clothes, pillows, blankets, cots, sleeping bags, etc. please contact the Red Cross, the JJ Watt Foundation or your charity of choice. These folks can really benefit from whatever you can spare.

ThePhilosopher

Reason User
Reaction score
We are fine in Katy as well; however, in the neighborhood across the street people near South Mayde Creek had to be evacuated by boat. We are planning to donate many of our old clothes and bedding as soon as we can safely drive to a shelter to drop it off.

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
been watching the news and its crazy out there...

started affecting us here too as far as gas prices. now we are running out. three different gas stations ran out of gas. i heard earlier in the day the next town over ran out of gas and they were coming over here to fill up. they are not sure when they will get more cause they get it from houston

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
We're pretty much dried up over here. One of our larger stations here holds 42,000 gal of reg unleaded on any given day. In the past two days they went down to 3,000 gal on hand. Several hours later they were out. They had some premium unleaded left tonight ( not sure how many gallons) but by the time we got to the pump, that too was all gone. Waited in line for about 40 mins just to leave with an empty tank.

Unfortunately the shortage was made worse due to people stock-piling. Not sure when we'll be able to get gas again over here. Hopefully sometime next week. I don't expect it to last long although prices may remain high for a while.