TEXTURES - Introduction (album development)

• Thread starter Se7enHeaven
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Se7enHeaven

Reaction score
Working on an album, one track at a time. Each will include a walk-through of the gear used:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Se7enHeaven

Reaction score
Damn, and I thought the band Textures made a comeback. :(

This is even better! LOL... actually, never heard of that band... then again, I'm a dinosaur and don't know of a lot of bands. I've done stuff in the past and someone would say, "this sounds a lot like X." No idea what 'X' sounds like. Goes to show that there are only so many musical ideas, and most get rehashed, whether realized or not.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
Well, let's hear your crap, so that I can be disappointed, lol
It’s not personal, TEXTURES was a pretty popular band and especially on this forum, so people got understandably excited about the prospect of new music from them. I liked your intro. How do you like eMastered?

Se7enHeaven

Reaction score
It’s not personal, TEXTURES was a pretty popular band and especially on this forum, so people got understandably excited about the prospect of new music from them. I liked your intro. How do you like eMastered?

That's why I have 'lol' in my response. It means, I'm joking around... laughing out loud, and all that stuff. I like eMastered... I try to do all my detail stuff in the general mix, of course, but I find eMastered helps to make it pop and come to life more than what I can do (particularly with loudness without clipping and distortion). I'm not sure how that's done in a DAW, since I'm bringing my levels up as close as I can to the red, and it's still dB lower than eMastered. For those unfamiliar with the program, you also can master a track with different compression, EQ, etc. Typically I did not (just a basic 'mastering'), but nifty tools if you need them.

Se7enHeaven

Reaction score
Dude this thread title.. you're a sicko.

Seriously, when I called the album TEXTURES, I had no idea there was a group called this. I like a lot of detail and layers (dubbing) in my stuff, which is why I called it that, lol. FYI... no idea how to alter a title once it's up... can't seem to edit it. The mods are welcome to indicate something like "Forum User working on album called TEXTURES."

Mayhew

Reaction score
I let/encourage my kids to listen to my music collection while doing school at home and my 9 year old put on Textures Dualism today. It was awesome. Then I saw this thread and rode a wave of highs and lows. I will out of courtesy watch the video before I comment on whether or not I'm actually disappointed. Lol

Fantomas

blah
Reaction score
OK, I'm done posting.
Oh no, don't let us discourage you. you just chose an unfortunate name for your project. Textures is just dear to a lot of people.
Like someone else said, lead with something else than the project name. Like your own name, or a band name.

As you can see we get distracted easily.
Good luck!

Lopp

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just saw you have the Meze 99 Classic headphones. Nice prominent tight bass punch due to the closed back design. Also gives good instrument separation to help pick out individual instruments. I haven't used mine for monitoring, but do enjoy them for checking final mixdowns and general listening. They are my second favorite 'phones right after B&W P7 wireless.

Status
Not open for further replies.