Textures last night

• Thread starter Parka Dez
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Parka Dez

Reaction score
Last night I went to go to my first Textures show at an extremely small venue in London called Water Rats. The tour is with a band called TwinZero and its a vs. tour, so luckly Textures were headlining the London show. The venue was at maximum 100.

Was an excellent gig. I talked to the guys and were appreciative. They were saying their distribution in the UK is quite poor and were really happy to see fans down at their shows. Talk to the guys about their gear as well which was an RG 7620, and a mid to late 90's Universe with a lo pro bridge. JMP1 with a Marshall power amp for one and the other a JMP 1 with a Mesa 2:90 poweramp.

Their tone was great. Really tight, aggressive tone. Steff (their drummer) was incredibley tight. His drumming was unbelievable. The whole band were extremely tight. Excellent night, really enjoyed myself. If you haven't heard Textures or have a chance to see them live do so!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

angryman

Djentleman
Reaction score
Mynydd y Garreg, Carmarthenshire, South Wales.
Textures............ Absolutely awesome, I've got both albums & love em.

I'm going to to see them at Rock City in Nottingham on Tuesday, Some of the guys in Twin Zero are pretty good friends of mine too so i'll probably get to meet everyone & have a drink backstage.

Which is nice:yesway:

DSS3

Banned
Reaction score
I've heard their live tone stomps the recorded tone, that true?

Did you get a chance to talk to Richard, the Synth player? I chat with him fairly often on MSN - standup dude!

Stef Broks is a god among men... that man dominates the kit.

How'd the new singer fair on the older material? I have to say, I prefer Polars to Drawing Circles, but more because of the songwriting than vocals. :(

Was this the one with Fell Silent, as well?

Parka Dez

Reaction score
Their tone live was great, but wasnt as good as Drawing Circles tone, for me anyway.

Stef, was amazing. Truely an amazing drummer. I really enjoyed the new singer, i prefer him to the older one, and he did the older material justice as well.

Fell Silent are playing Bournemouth and Milton Keynes. I might be going to the Milton Keynes as well, depends on my cash flow. Would really like to go though.

Ror3h

Reaction score
I saw textures in Leeds, as the manchester show was cancelled. they blew up a mixing desk or something haha.
They were fucking awesome live, really cool guys aswell, if a bit mad haha!
I managed to talk jochem into letting me have a quick go on his RG2077XL too, definatley the hugest guitar i've ever played!
970575617_l.jpg

I'm the guy with half a viking hat and a textures shirt on lol.

Fantomas

blah
Reaction score
We opened for them some time ago.

Cool guys, cool music. If I remember correctly one of the guys was playing an Ibanez with the headstock decal removed and ASUS written instead. First I thought the guitar had a nice binding, but on closer inspection it turned out the sides were sanded :) .

Latest posts