That Metal Show

• Thread starter ArtDecade
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ArtDecade

Barking Pumpkin
Reaction score
I am not ashamed to admit that I really miss that show, because it was the metal I grew up with and it was nice seeing some of those musicians on set.

THAT-METAL-SHOW.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalheadMC

Reaction score
Definitely was a fun show. Eddie and the guys were always funny. Actually forgot all about Eddie until now. I'll have to check out his podcast sometime.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
really? man, i can't stand eddie trunk. i don't miss that show at all. To each their own though

I think of Trunk as the "Guy Fieri of music" or the "Bono of music personalities", he, by most accounts is a perfectly fine dude and everything, but there's just something about him that folks don't like.

ArtDecade

Barking Pumpkin
Reaction score
Eddie feels the need to put himself into the narrative, but I've learned to live with that because I loved the band interviews, shred guitar performances, and all-around goofiness of the show. There is nothing out there like this anymore. And how am I supposed to know what the hell is going on with Don Dokken?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Eddie feels the need to put himself into the narrative, but I've learned to live with that because I loved the band interviews, shred guitar performances, and all-around goofiness of the show. There is nothing out there like this anymore. And how am I supposed to know what the hell is going on with Don Dokken?

He's on Sirius XM all the time, at least was somewhat recently.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
I downloaded and watched all the episodes back in the day. I don't like Trunk, but that didn't stop me from enjoying the show. Also it was a bit too stuck in the 80's sometimes and I wish they'd expanded into more modern metal at least a little bit, but like I said, I still enjoyed it.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I didn't mind the show, but there was definitely something about him that is a little off putting. I can't put my finger on it.

I think Sirius is one of those products like cable TV... It's geared for old people. And I say that being in my late 30's lol

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I didn't mind the show, but there was definitely something about him that is a little off putting. I can't put my finger on it.

Could be a bit whiny and arrogant at times, plus the bands that were on the band seemed to focus only around his taste in hands.

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
I wish I could find the clip, but there was a great segment where Trunk got took to task on his Van Halen list and got roasted by Jay Mohr and Ron Bennington for being too cool for the room for not having Unchained on it. Being younger at the time I kinda resented the show for its missed opportunity to help up and comers, instead of being stuck reliving their high school years.

Vegetta

Pixel Farmer
Reaction score
Show had too many old bands on it yeah I dug some of them but I would have much. Prefered if they had new bands on it.

NotDonVito

molesta la breastas
Reaction score
I used to watch this shit all the time because I was living in the middle of the woods with shit internet, and the only thing to do when I wasn't outside or practicing guitar was watch satellite TV. I liked the show because let's be honest it was still better then 99% of crap on TV. But for anyone in the age demographic for TMS, how many times can you listen to Eddie say "so like.... Kiss Destroyer II changed my life man" :lol: Also I remember when Jake E Lee was the guest guitarist and played some of the worst shit I've ever heard in my life. I couldn't tell if his guitar was out of tune or what.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Always a show I could either take or leave. And yeah, Trunk is a fine dude, but I also can't put my finger on why I can't take him either.

chipchappy

thudmaster
Reaction score
I think of Trunk as the "Guy Fieri of music" or the "Bono of music personalities", he, by most accounts is a perfectly fine dude and everything, but there's just something about him that folks don't like.

I look at it like this: I'm younger than he is, by a bit - he's a guy that reminds of a "type" that if I was at some family function or outing etc. and someone said "hey! you two are both metal guys! you'd hit it off!" I'd end up wishing I got a root canal instead by the end of the conversation.

Not a bad dude by any means, I just am totally disinterested in a metal "aficionado" like him