The Axe Palace (Nick's New Store)

• Thread starter zimbloth
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
Sounds like a fun job Nick. You get to try out all this high end gear 1st hand. Just make sure you sell more then you personally buy. :lol:

It really is near impossible to find stores that sell quality stuff. I can't remember the last time I bought something in a store it's all been over the internet. So hopefully there won't be much local competition for you.

gotta go the Parker just arrived.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Sounds like a fun job Nick. You get to try out all this high end gear 1st hand. Just make sure you sell more then you personally buy. :lol:

It really is near impossible to find stores that sell quality stuff. I can't remember the last time I bought something in a store it's all been over the internet. So hopefully there won't be much local competition for you.

gotta go the Parker just arrived.

Thanks man. Enjoy the Parker dude, the Fly Deluxe is epic :yesway:

theshred201

Reaction score
Forgot about this thread. I'll let you know if I'm out in Boston....you can hook me up with teh gears. :agreed:

You seem to have quite the selection. Should be cool.

On a side note, regarding Parker making 7 strings, one thing they brought up on their forums when discussing why they won't do it was that though there was a decent amount of player interest, there was a lack of dealer interest. I think you catch my drift. :cool: I wish they made 7+'s. Those would be sweet.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Forgot about this thread. I'll let you know if I'm out in Boston....you can hook me up with teh gears. :agreed:

You seem to have quite the selection. Should be cool.

On a side note, regarding Parker making 7 strings, one thing they brought up on their forums when discussing why they won't do it was that though there was a decent amount of player interest, there was a lack of dealer interest. I think you catch my drift. :cool: I wish they made 7+'s. Those would be sweet.

Thanks dude. Yeah I'll definitely have dialog about it with Parker again, but when I talked to them about making a 7-string they really had a "eh, just not for us" attitude about. I suggested maybe a baritone at least but I forget how that went over :)

theshred201

Reaction score
Yeah, I know what you mean about Parker's attitude towards making 7's. I understand their reasoning that they've presented too, but I don't agree with it.

So how much gear have you actually received so far? And beyond that, how much have you tried? If only I had more cash I'd fulfill all my current GAS at your shop (8 string...maybe a bernie rico 828, and a VHT SIG X), but I don't have that kind of money to spend at the moment....oh well.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, could you shoot me a PM regarding how much of an initial investment you needed to spend in order open a shop like this (including paying for gear)? Opening a store like this is something that I've considered doing in the DISTANT future. Not any time soon, but I'm still curious about what it takes financially to start something like this.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah, I know what you mean about Parker's attitude towards making 7's. I understand their reasoning that they've presented too, but I don't agree with it.

Yes I certainly don't agree with Parker either. I think if they released a Parker Fly 7 it would sell extremely well. If they produced 200 of them I'm convinced they would sell out very quickly. I would drop $3000 on one without hesitation, even if I had to sell one of my customs.

One of my good friends has 10 USA Parkers and I've been smitten by them for almost a decade now. I owned a few myself, but ultimately switched to 7-string. However, I've always said that if they ever released a 7-string version of one of their Flys everything else would be forfeit. They really play and are built that exquisitely.

So how much gear have you actually received so far? And beyond that, how much have you tried? If only I had more cash I'd fulfill all my current GAS at your shop (8 string...maybe a bernie rico 828, and a VHT SIG X), but I don't have that kind of money to spend at the moment....oh well.

So far I've been selling Caparisons, Bernie Rico Jr customs, Bare Knuckle Pickups and Diezel amps. Things are progressing well but there are a million things I'm working on to ensure a smooth operation. I'll have the ability to place orders with all my vendors shortly, but for now I'm doing what I can given my resources :)

Also, if you don't mind me asking, could you shoot me a PM regarding how much of an initial investment you needed to spend in order open a shop like this (including paying for gear)? Opening a store like this is something that I've considered doing in the DISTANT future. Not any time soon, but I'm still curious about what it takes financially to start something like this.

Sure I can do that. :yesway:

theshred201

Reaction score
Yes I certainly don't agree with Parker either. I think if they released a Parker Fly 7 it would sell extremely well. If they produced 200 of them I'm convinced they would sell out very quickly. I would drop $3000 on one without hesitation, even if I had to sell one of my customs.

I'm sure they'd sell plenty. And pricing honestly comes down to how many they'd be able to sell (a lot) and how much it'd cost them to upgrade their equipment in order to be able to build 7's. To be honest, If parker made a 7 string, I would probably be willing to sell every guitar I own (including my two parkers) in order to buy one. I know it's somewhat been done before, But I think we need to make a list of people who would buy a parker 7 string and how much they'd be willing to spend for one

One of my good friends has 10 USA Parkers and I've been smitten by them for almost a decade now. I owned a few myself, but ultimately switched to 7-string. However, I've always said that if they ever released a 7-string version of one of their Flys everything else would be forfeit. They really play and are built that exquisitely.
I know what you mean. I don't actually own one of the fly series, but I've played some, along with the P44 and Nitefly I own, and some other P44's and nitefly's. Frankly, Parker guitars overall quality so nice that imo a P-series 7 string would dominate just about any other import 7 on the market. A fly series would dominate just about any 7 on the market period.

So far I've been selling Caparisons, Bernie Rico Jr customs, Bare Knuckle Pickups and Diezel amps. Things are progressing well but there are a million things I'm working on to ensure a smooth operation. I'll have the ability to place orders with all my vendors shortly, but for now I'm doing what I can given my resources :)
Cool. So have you decided what to order from the other companies yet? Also, have you tried any of the Caparison 7's? Curious what you think of them.

Sure I can do that. :yesway:
I'll PM you in a while about it.

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
Just trying to read thru this whole thread now and I'm bummed that you can't get Engl's yet, although you peaked my interest in the VHT Sig x. Did you get these instock yet and have a hands on test drive?

Man, your new store is sooo bad for my paychecks, :fawk::lol:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Just trying to read thru this whole thread now and I'm bummed that you can't get Engl's yet, although you peaked my interest in the VHT Sig x. Did you get these instock yet and have a hands on test drive?

Man, your new store is sooo bad for my paychecks, :fawk::lol:

I don't have any VHTs on hand right now no, however I did get a chance to play the Sig:X and I was extremely impressed. It has a lot of great features I wish my Pittbull UL had. It's also insanely versatile. The voicing options are really over the top. I would say this amp would be equally at home with a jazz, progressive, rock player as with a metal one - it's just really flexible. It sounds awesome; classic VHT heaviness, tightness and clarity but at the end of the day I still prefer the tone I get from my Pittbull UL a bit more. Perhaps I'm just too used to it now. I find the UL is a bit more aggressive and louder as well. The Sig:X is a bit warmer however.

That said, the Sig:X is about $1300 less than the Pittbull UL so if I was starting over from scatch I'd probably go with the Sig:X.

In regards to ENGL, yeah it's too bad but I'm confident I'll be carrying them soon enough. The other dealer in the area rarely even stocks them, I can't imagine ENGL's distributor being pleased by that. We'll see :)

D-EJ915

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Hey nick, what pickup brands do you carry? ah wait nevermind says in your first post lol.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Hey nick, what pickup brands do you carry? ah wait nevermind says in your first post lol.

Haha, yeah :)

That's the tentative list, there will be many more added, and not all of those are official yet. I listed the brands that are officially on board now, and those who agreed that they would let me carry their stuff once my physical retail location was open. :yesway:

Xtremevillan

im leaving ss.org
Contributor
Reaction score
In a way I hope you don't get ENGLized, because then...

Well, do I need a bank account? Just have my checks direct deposited to you...

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Hey Nick, are you an Ibanez dealer (or planning on being one)?

I spoke to an Ibanez rep back in March about becoming a dealer and they said they had enough dealers in this region for now. I'll try again someday, but I'm not too worried about it as the mid-level market isn't really what my focus is. That said, I think eventually I'll be an Ibanez dealer :yesway:

Wow man, +1, Congratulations, sounds like you dont need luck, you seem onto it. good job! :yesway:

Thanks dude :)

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
Nick muh man, it's time to start discussing BKP options, i know Tim knows his stuff but you know his pups pretty well, and your a UL guy as well and a metal head, so i need recommendations on a BKP.

let's do the PM thing and talk turkey

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Nick muh man, it's time to start discussing BKP options, i know Tim knows his stuff but you know his pups pretty well, and your a UL guy as well and a metal head, so i need recommendations on a BKP.

let's do the PM thing and talk turkey

Sure thing. Do you have AIM or any instant messaging programs? It would be much easier to go over things in real-time, that way I could ask you questions and really get a good recommendation for you :)

PM me whenever :yesway:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Any web design/graphic types out there who can help me? The site's mostly ready but the guy helping me disappeared and I could use someone to help finish it.

Let me know, would be much appreciated :wub:

kristallin

punk'd
Reaction score
Any web design/graphic types out there who can help me? The site's mostly ready but the guy helping me disappeared and I could use someone to help finish it.

Let me know, would be much appreciated :wub:

PM sent.