The Best V Guitar Of All Time.

• Thread starter Manurack
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metaluna

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yes it is

original.png
If I bought an LTD Arrow instead of an ESP or E-II would I feel I was missing much? they are significantly cheaper, made in Korea not Japan. Do they look or feel much cheaper?

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
If it didn't come across well enough, I was trying to be funny.

But what alternatives are there which can stand on its own without a stand?
My bad! I never thought of actually putting a guitar down like that.

Maybe an ML or Razorback?

Reaction score
If I bought an LTD Arrow instead of an ESP or E-II would I feel I was missing much? they are significantly cheaper, made in Korea not Japan. Do they look or feel much cheaper?
Depends on your application. If you're gonna abuse the tremolo, you might want a better quality Floyd so it doesn't go out of tune. If you're gonna want excelent fretjobs and finish, go more expensive. That said, with a proper set up a cheap guitar can be as amazing, if not more amazing than an expensive guitar. You basically pay for quality control on several levels.

jrn1308

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Some super worn, battle scarred, no logo 27inch scale V.

MACHINE-HEAD_MAN_1279-1-scaled.jpg

That's probably a modified version of his love/death signature that came out a couple of years ago.

Depends on your application. If you're gonna abuse the tremolo, you might want a better quality Floyd so it doesn't go out of tune. If you're gonna want excelent fretjobs and finish, go more expensive. That said, with a proper set up a cheap guitar can be as amazing, if not more amazing than an expensive guitar. You basically pay for quality control on several levels.

I don't know man... If he buys a 1000 series I wouldn't consider it a cheap guitar at 1.200 - 1.400 streetprice. They have stainless steel frets with a really great fretjob and are set up well. They also don't need a better quality Floyd to stay in tune. They are equipped with a FR1000 and you can abuse them and don't have any tuning issues at all.

Reaction score
I don't know man... If he buys a 1000 series I wouldn't consider it a cheap guitar at 1.200 - 1.400 streetprice. They have stainless steel frets with a really great fretjob and are set up well. They also don't need a better quality Floyd to stay in tune. They are equipped with a FR1000 and you can abuse them and don't have any tuning issues at all.
Yeah mate, i forgot to mention the law of diminishing returns, I think the 1000-series is the best thing money could buy at this point. Not cheap but amazing quality.

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
Did we ever decide what the best was? We should run a poll.

No, the Kerry King tick thing can't be in it.

Estilo

Reaction score
Did we ever decide what the best was? We should run a poll.

No, the Kerry King tick thing can't be in it.
Pretty safe bet the 67 Gibson style is the best. Everyone seems to like it. If it's not a top choice it'd easily be a second. It's the image the mind conjures when people think 'Flying V'. It's been used across blues, thrash and heavier metal styles. In contrast, the 58 type is predominantly a blues rocker thing with only Mastodon and Faulkner using that style much in metal (despite better fret access). Meanwhile more modern/aggressive styled Vs live pretty much within heavy metal circles.

Could be talking out me arse ofc but my anecdotes suggest as such.

ThomasUV777

Reaction score
I'm completely sold on the Gibson Dave Mustaine signature. That Explorer headstock is just 😙👌

I remember when they announced him as an artist and posted this picture, I swore I'd get me this guitar instantly once available:

dave-mustaine@1400x1050-800x600[1].jpg

Unfortunately they went all in on a double/mirror-sharktooth-inlay, wood / silvercolour only.

Zhysick

Reaction score
USA-VEN-PG-GN.png
This is pretty cool

Why the squared cutout of the pickguard with that V tailpiece? I hate the V tailpiece anyway, all should be burnt and condemned to hell, but this same guitar with a stop tailpiece and the same pickguard would be nice. Still the black headstock, being the only thing black, looks off but yeah, we are used to black headstocks anyway.

It is a no for me.

By the way, the best V is old Kai Hansen's ESP.

Kai-Hansen-1024x684.jpg

Did you say no? I'm sorry, can't hear ya, I will keep rocking the hottest V around.
-
Kai Hansen.