The Best V Guitar Of All Time.

• Thread starter Manurack
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
By the way, the best V is old Kai Hansen's ESP.

I thought his V had the strat headstock, not an inline ESP?

That Dean looks weird with the V tailpiece but standard TOM/tailpiece pickguard that's squared off. Also needs big block inlays or dots to compete with the Gibson aesthetic, those ...things just ain't it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

manu80

Reaction score
True yeah that V plate is the only thing I dislike on my mustaine VMNT too
String through like a jackson KVT and the pickguard cutout is solved :)

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Also idk if I already posted here before (i'm sure I did lol), but I guess my tastes may have changed so I'm gonna post again:

The Kirk Hammett V gets a shout because it's based on an early '80s V. I always loved those late-'70s/early '80s Vs.

EIGCKH79FVEBNH1_front.png

And the classic black n' gold Rhoads based on Randy's 2nd Concorde prototype

2914331503_gtr_frt_001_rr.jpg

Reaction score
Why the squared cutout of the pickguard with that V tailpiece? I hate the V tailpiece anyway, all should be burnt and condemned to hell, but this same guitar with a stop tailpiece and the same pickguard would be nice. Still the black headstock, being the only thing black, looks off but yeah, we are used to black headstocks anyway.

It is a no for me.

By the way, the best V is old Kai Hansen's ESP.

Kai-Hansen-1024x684.jpg

Did you say no? I'm sorry, can't hear ya, I will keep rocking the hottest V around.
-
Kai Hansen.
I'm fascinated by your ability to be so wrong and yet so loud.

Dean V > WhateverTheFuck that thing is

Marked Man

Reaction score
Peak cool to me as a kid was the Ferrari Red King V played by the man who inspired it at the peak of that moment in time.....if you were going to rock a red Jackson V, 1985 was the time.....

OIP.ZXXSxtamd2gAcMuWeUGM2AHaLE

s-l1600.jpg

I've been waiting for Jackson to make a MJ version of the modernized Rhoads Concorde which they have recently done with the RR24 MJ, although I'd probably swap the EMGs in that case for passives. Still a killer guitar...and one closer to the original prototype but with supreme upper fret access would be even better.

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
You’d think he’d be able to get a real ESP. Weird.
I still don't get the hate for the E-II line or people saying it's not "real ESP". My E-II is Japanese made and feels amazing, easily comparable to my friend's pre-lawsuit ESP Explorer in fit & finish.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
You’d think he’d be able to get a real ESP. Weird.
ESP Japan seems to be really backlogged so this was probably quicker and easier (and cheaper lol).

I've been waiting for Jackson to make a MJ version of the modernized Rhoads Concorde which they have recently done with the RR24 MJ, although I'd probably swap the EMGs in that case for passives. Still a killer guitar...and one closer to the original prototype but with supreme upper fret access would be even better.
With them bringing back the OG King Kelly, I wouldn't be surprised if we got a Concorde and Double Rhoads from the Concept or MJ line.

Zhysick

Reaction score
I'm fascinated by your ability to be so wrong and yet so loud.

Dean V > WhateverTheFuck that thing is
I love a 79 Dean V with the V headstock and no pickguard but still Kai Hansen's ESP will still be better because ESP, because asymmetrical winngs and because hot pink.

Hot pink always wins.

Period.

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
I still don't get the hate for the E-II line or people saying it's not "real ESP". My E-II is Japanese made and feels amazing, easily comparable to my friend's pre-lawsuit ESP Explorer in fit & finish.
ESP chose to brand it differently and position it as the mid tier of their offerings between LTD and ESP. I know it used to be standard series. I wouldn’t say I hate them…I do hate the logo, though 😂.

Marked Man

Reaction score
ESP chose to brand it differently and position it as the mid tier of their offerings between LTD and ESP. I know it used to be standard series. I wouldn’t say I hate them…I do hate the logo, though 😂.

I hate the entire idea. Imagine if Jackson had a J-II line with that logo on the headstock. It basically translates to "2nd Class". No need for it.

I'm so glad my Eclipse Std has the old cursive ESP.

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
I hate the entire idea. Imagine if Jackson had a J-II line with that logo on the headstock. It basically translates to "2nd Class". No need for it.

I'm so glad my Eclipse Std has the old cursive ESP.

Exactly. My initial comment was more like why is an endorsed (or previously endorsed?) artist using the second class brand instead when it's not his signature line that he is obligated to play. It's like when you see an artist saying how much they love their Epiphone sig.

tim-robinson-i-think-you-should-leave.gif