The Big Ol' SS.org 2011 NAMM Rumour mill!!

• Thread starter Loomer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jl-austin

Reaction score
Well I'll be damned... Did NOT see that coming!

Yeah, if I thought Godin were going to be popular someday I would buy one, because they are going to be RARE! I mean, what kinda Godin player will want one of those? :)

DeathCubeK

Reaction score
I literally haven't seen anything other than Ibanez from Winter Namm. Is it me or is coverage really really slow this year?

yingmin

Parker über alles
Reaction score
The other day i met Ned Setinberger in my store (a bit far from USA :lol:) and he told me that he is introducing a 6 strings prototype guitar with his company NS Design, obviously i ask him about 7 strings guitars and he told me that is quite complicated in this moment but he knows that there's the market is waiting for them.

BTW awesome guy, very honest and open, was i nice surprise to met him.

Only post in the thread I care about.

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
Yeah, if I thought Godin were going to be popular someday I would buy one, because they are going to be RARE! I mean, what kinda Godin player will want one of those? :)

Well... Me :p

Godin are seriously great guitars. Their quality/price ratio is completely out of this world.

jl-austin

Reaction score
Well... Me :p

Godin are seriously great guitars. Their quality/price ratio is completely out of this world.

I found out that the Godin explorer thing is called the Godin Nemesis. Cool name! :hbang:

It will list for $1195 and it will only come in black. It is not available yet. I don't have any other specs, like pickups (I assume EMG 81 and 85), body wood, or scale length.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Godin has done some of the more interesting designs I've seen. Highly underappreciated builder, IMO. :yesway: Of course, I've never owned a Godin, and played less than a half-dozen of them, but the few I did play were very interesting and very well-built.

DeathCubeK

Reaction score
I found out that the Godin explorer thing is called the Godin Nemesis. Cool name! :hbang:

It will list for $1195 and it will only come in black. It is not available yet. I don't have any other specs, like pickups (I assume EMG 81 and 85), body wood, or scale length.

Any other better pics of it yet?

vlover

Reaction score
I might be in love with that Jackson 7 string V

And the head stock on Chris Broddricks' 7 string is sweet as well. (sounds dirty)

UltimaWeapon

yolo-swag-3000
Reaction score
Any info or where can we buy some new RC8s? I found some new stuff on gearhounds.com but there arent any RCs yet. And what about ibanezes? the RG350PM looks killer... like JEM 505 i want that so much... any dealer list?

MTech

Banned
Reaction score
They are always there since it's Randall/Washburn/Parker all as one. I didn't really pay much attention to them though not a fan at all.

jl-austin

Reaction score
I've missed Jackson and Charvel "line-ups". I have seen a few Jacksons, but not the line (if it has changed at all), and I haven't heard a word about Charvel.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think I've seen NAMM info from every guitar company except for Washburn were they even there this year?

Washburn is slowly fizzling out it seems, especially with Parker making stuff like the Dragon Fly.

I've missed Jackson and Charvel "line-ups". I have seen a few Jacksons, but not the line (if it has changed at all), and I haven't heard a word about Charvel.

Jackson never really brings out their line the way ESP or Ibanez does. They tend to just bring a ton of CS stuff and exhibition pieces with a few USA and MIJ models. They rather show off their Custom Shop muscle then compete for the budget market at NAMM.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
A mass market RC8 would be great, but I'm not sure many people would have a budget for them. I do really like the idea of the RC8, but the weird graphics and limited quantities could be a problem.

I guess some manufacturers make something highly functional, slap an ugly finish/graphic/inlay on it, then assume that the specs were no good when no one orders one.

aleXander

BlackByPopularDemand
Reaction score
A mass market RC8 would be great, but I'm not sure many people would have a budget for them. I do really like the idea of the RC8, but the weird graphics and limited quantities could be a problem.

I guess some manufacturers make something highly functional, slap an ugly finish/graphic/inlay on it, then assume that the specs were no good when no one orders one.

There's supposed to be an import model 8 string according to info from my friend who takes lessons from Rusty. Same specs just with no finish... or something along those lines. No fanned frets though.

UltimaWeapon

yolo-swag-3000
Reaction score
Yeah the graphic on the RC8 is cheap like hell... its reused from the rc7 and overlayed with red color :( But i hope the import version wont be a fail like the rc7xs. With tiny frets and cheap build quality...