The BTBAM megathread

• Thread starter mithologian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't have a dog in this fight, haven't listened to BTBAM since The Silent Circus, but I like drama - I wonder if they just waited for the dust to settle then got him back? Kinda shitty if that's the case.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So, :bump: but apparently Dustie is back to playing with them for the festival lineups, spicy to say the least

For the band to accept him back, I wonder what new, if any, developments have arisen.

Very bothered by this, but I'll give benefit to the doubt that there is more info we don't know. Hopefully there will be some sort of update, otherwise, I'm not so sure I can support them.

I guess Dustie's lawyer released another statement basically saying all the evidence against him was manipulated/fabricated and doubled (tripled?) down on the fact that the woman had been "friendly" with Dustie both before and after.

So really nothing new. Outside of more statements they haven't really provided anything tangible, like original copies of the messages or some sort of third party verification in either case.

But...according to the internet Dustie has been completely vindicated and it's time to move on. :shrug:

We'll likely never know what actually happened, but thus far nothing here gives me the warm and fuzzies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
Statement needs to come from the band about this one way or another. Just letting Dustie slide back in without any explanation isn't going to go well at all.

tian

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think he wants back in the band after posting all that especially after his lawyer threatening legal action against specific members and not just the band LLC.

He just wants his 20% going forward or more likely a buyout so the band can tell him to kick rocks and everyone moves on.

Curious to see if PRS is going to be down having an artist on their roster suing his own bandmates.

EDIT: Fun fact, that lawyer used to represent Donald Trump until he left during the Mar-A-Lago confidential document investigation.

lattjeful

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah... Not that I necessarily believed him before, but for me this cements that Dustie was guilty as hell lol. How do you go from the story being that he had a consensual sexual encounter with a woman to... a man pretending to be a woman to extort him? And not get law enforcement involved and take the man to civil court?

I want to believe that they're false, but man. The math ain't mathin' to me.

Pietjepieter

Contributor
Reaction score
Fuck all this, hope for the band's sake that this gets resolved soon

Must be a pretty shit situation for the band to end up in. Hope they get out stronger (and hire me as their new player, I just need to find some talent)

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The band will be fine. The top pro-Dustie/neg-band comment has like 50 likes, on a post with almost 1200.

Typical "anti woke mob" and other assorted goobers who are feigning shock and awe.

They'll settle, he'll join a band with Ken Susi or something, and BTBAM will continue to make complicated albums that bore me to death that everyone else seems to love. :lol:

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Misdirect was a little off the edge if I'm being honest. I think their self titled was the best, but Misdirect was the stall point.

I really get the impression that they have never actually known what the hell they are doing in any case.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
Taking everything at face value, where it stands now, I wouldn’t want to be in that situation, on either side. If the dude was indeed being extorted and that situation caused all this, that fucking sucks. And if the dude did do some shitty human shit, that also sucks.

I’d have to assume if everything were on the up and up, Waring would be pressing charges against the extorter.

Perge

Reaction score
The band will be fine. The top pro-Dustie/neg-band comment has like 50 likes, on a post with almost 1200.

Typical "anti woke mob" and other assorted goobers who are feigning shock and awe.

They'll settle, he'll join a band with Ken Susi or something, and BTBAM will continue to make complicated albums that bore me to death that everyone else seems to love. :lol:
Oh man. I knew Susi and Unearth split, he turn into a douchenozzle to?

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Just learned that he joined As I Lay Dying a couple years ago which doesn't paint him in the greatest light.

No worse than any of the original bandmates who are re-joining him as if they aren't aware of how shitty what he did was, if anything, he's off the lightest since he can just say it's a check and never had any association with them besides whatever gigs he does