The BTBAM megathread

• Thread starter mithologian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CTID

Pondering My Orb
Reaction score
while i'm absolutely making assumptions here, i'd be kind of surprised if the band had kicked him to the curb as fast - and for as long - as they have if they'd had 100% trust and faith that it was all bullshit. i understand the damage to their image that the situation is causing and that by distancing themselves from him it's some form of damage control, but they still have to pay him, so the fact that they're keeping him at arm's length still even after dustie and his lawyer are claiming everything is "debunked" speaks to something to me. maybe it's just all business, though.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
while i'm absolutely making assumptions here, i'd be kind of surprised if the band had kicked him to the curb as fast - and for as long - as they have if they'd had 100% trust and faith that it was all bullshit. i understand the damage to their image that the situation is causing and that by distancing themselves from him it's some form of damage control, but they still have to pay him, so the fact that they're keeping him at arm's length still even after dustie and his lawyer are claiming everything is "debunked" speaks to something to me. maybe it's just all business, though.

I honestly feel like the way in which the band has responded means they dont know wtf to think. As far as I am aware they haven't publically addressed it -at all-

Sure, they announced a fill in right away when this story broke (without any further comment as to why), but then a few months later dustie was back playing with them live at festivals, and then they had a fill in again and the recent lawyer letter.

Seems like a shady clusterfuck all around

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
It took Dance Gavin Dance 2 years to kick out their bandmate that admitted to his allegations, although he later deleted the admission and now denies them.

CTID

Pondering My Orb
Reaction score
It took Dance Gavin Dance 2 years to kick out their bandmate that admitted to his allegations, although he later deleted the admission and now denies them.
funnily enough i actually initially mentioned DGD in my comment before deleting that section. yeah, they forced him to take a leave of absence for like 4-6 months (conveniently right during their album release) and then right back at it until recently. granted Tillian went from "i fucked up but i didn't actually sexually assault anyone" to "no wrongdoing was done whatsoever" so y'all are probably right, it's just a weird, fucked up situation