The Carvin / Kiesel thread

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Having played strats for a long time, I thought about getting a delos, but the compact feel of the HD is amazing. In my opinion, it makes a strat feel massive and cumbersome by comparison.

Mathemagician

Reaction score

spudmunkey

Reaction score
This particular was built as a sort of proof-of-concept before building one with higher-end specs for a long-time customer who already owns 10 Carvins/Kiesels, with one if these and another of something else in the oven right now.

The body looks larger than the one from the standard Ultra V7 (which was discontinued a couple of years ago, yet is still amusingly the model shown in the thumbnail for the 6-string UltraV on their "guitars" page.)

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
New Kiesel day for me. They have absolutely killed it with my two custom orders. HD6 with a 5A Flame top and Pale Moon BoardView attachment 93287

Yeah, but they left off a couple of strings!

Sweet PME, though. And I'm so glad you didn't get a competing wood for a top wood, like buckeye burl. This is tasteful. What's the other build you got?

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
I would love a baritone 7 V. This might just open that door now. I ordered a crescent 8 with option 50 last month. Not the first time I've used option 50 on an order. Never had a problem with a carvin/kiesel so far

Reaction score
Yeah, but they left off a couple of strings!

Sweet PME, though. And I'm so glad you didn't get a competing wood for a top wood, like buckeye burl. This is tasteful. What's the other build you got?
EAD8A2CB-B789-42A2-857A-6DDC9C8AD2D0.jpeg
My first build was an HD6 with single piece raw tone ash body and royal ebony board. They make a stunning simple guitar if that’s what you’re going for.

Last edited:

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
The only thing I don’t like about the Delos headless 6s is the body looks tubby. But maybe I’m just used to looking at 8s.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
@spudmunkey so are these multiscale ultra V7s going to be for sale? Or is it just a one off for this particular customer? If they’re going to be available, I’m wondering what the price will be.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
@spudmunkey so are these multiscale ultra V7s going to be for sale? Or is it just a one off for this particular customer? If they’re going to be available, I’m wondering what the price will be.

It's available now via call-in. Not sure what their plans on for the website. My guess is that the pricing will be $250 more than their current 6- string UltraV, so $1799 ($50 of that for the extra string, and $200 is their normal multiscale premium (for models available both waysl). It *could* be a little more than that because they have said to expect a 7/1 price increase. They might price this one higher initially to get ahead of that so they don't have to raise its price in a month and a half.

bigcupholder

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I think one thing that helps it, IMO, is that it looks like they not only lengthened both points slightly, but they increased the difference between the two, by making the longer point even longer in comparison.
View attachment 93385
I'm not sure it's actually different... If the one on the right is turned even slightly, it'd explain the different lengths.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
I'm not sure it's actually different... If the one on the right is turned even slightly, it'd explain the different lengths.
An exceppent point. I did look to see if I could see any more of the one side vs the other on the body to see if it was twisted, but it didn't appear to be, and even looking at the headstock, if anything, the blue "old" one looks like it's twisted in a way that would make it's longer horn appear longer, so the opposite of how it measures out...but then is the black one tilted back more, so that by aligning the scales is the body out of proportion? It could be. I'm not sure the extra tilt that could be there would add this much to it, but maybe.