The "CD Haul" thread

• Thread starter Metal Ken
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zappatton2

Reaction score
Oh, so am I, I've been posting cassettes, but I got way too many records and CDs as well, putting the brakes on any new purchases until I've given everything at least a couple of spins.

TheBloodstained

Casual music entusiast
Reaction score
The most recent haul:
Periphery - V: Djent Is Not A Genre (silver vinyl)
Lorna Shore - Pain Remains (vinyl)
Devin Townsend - Lightwork (yellow transparent vinyl)
Metallica - Metallica (vinyl)
Cabal - Magno Interitus (vinyl)
Mechina - Cenotaph (cd)

Currently waiting on:
Meshuggah - obZen (splatter vinyl)
Scar Symmetry - Holographic Universe (splatter vinyl)

zappatton2

Reaction score
I like when my box sets arrive in literal wooden boxes
🙂

OfMontreal.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Right now I'm awaiting pre-orders of the new Cattle Decapitation, Scar Symmetry and Gloryhammer albums. I'm most excited about the Gloryhammer one - I ordered the limited edition wooden box of it that comes with a card game :lol:

zappatton2

Reaction score
My latest haul;
Boygenius, Cattle Decap, Incendiary, Screaming Females
Tori Amos, Behemoth, Fields of Nephilim
The Midnight, Mrs. Piss, Mitski
Awolnation, Battle Beast, Birdy, Disciples of Power, Arlo Parks, Sumerlands
IMG_20230707_153647.jpg

Wiltonauer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My latest haul;
Boygenius, Cattle Decap, Incendiary, Screaming Females
Tori Amos, Behemoth, Fields of Nephilim
The Midnight, Mrs. Piss, Mitski
Awolnation, Battle Beast, Birdy, Disciples of Power, Arlo Parks, Sumerlands
View attachment 127421

Little Earthquakes? Tell me “Winter” isn’t just about the best song ever.

zappatton2

Reaction score
Little Earthquakes? Tell me “Winter” isn’t just about the best song ever.
Oh it really is! This specific disc is the Little Earthquakes B-Sides (sadly, no Smells Like Teen Spirit, Angie or Thank You), but the original Little Earthquakes is one of those rare albums I own thrice (CD, tape and record), it's just that good.

zappatton2

Reaction score
Recent "birthday haul", some purchased directly for me, some purchased with gifted mula;

The Donnas, Dimmu Borgir, King Gizzard
Little Simz, MF Doom, Thee Oh Sees
The Postal Service, Santigold, Tribulation
IMG_20230810_144030.jpg

zappatton2

Reaction score
I am bound and determined to keep this thread on life support, lol! Admittedly, not a lot of metal in my latest haul, but after hearing the new Tomb Mold, you can bet that's on my short list!

Leathürbitch, Billie Holiday
Gracie Abrams, Coi Leray, Cigarettes After Sex, The Supremes, The Oppressed, Maisie Peters, Gangster Music Vol.2 (obscure hip-hop comp)
supremes.jpg

FancyFish

bruh
Reaction score
I am bound and determined to keep this thread on life support, lol! Admittedly, not a lot of metal in my latest haul, but after hearing the new Tomb Mold, you can bet that's on my short list!

Leathürbitch, Billie Holiday
Gracie Abrams, Coi Leray, Cigarettes After Sex, The Supremes, The Oppressed, Maisie Peters, Gangster Music Vol.2 (obscure hip-hop comp)
View attachment 130560
Lol, I've been meaning to post for awhile now, but something always grabs my attention away. So, I thought I'd at least post some of my favorites from what I've purchased since last time. It was easy to remember because I have a stack of CDs just sitting on my desk because I've run out of shelf space, again.
I do want to give a shout out to Jake, the vocalist for Reflections. I had messaged him on Instagram asking if there was gonna be a reissue for Willow and Silhouette because they had gotten crazy expensive on Discogs. He then asked for my address and sent me a copy of Silhouette he had for free plus a tour lanyard.
I also learned you can buy stuff from Japan through Amazon, and then I immediately purchased those two toe albums.

20230919_194601.jpg

FancyFish

bruh
Reaction score
Lol, I've been meaning to post for awhile now, but something always grabs my attention away. So, I thought I'd at least post some of my favorites from what I've purchased since last time. It was easy to remember because I have a stack of CDs just sitting on my desk because I've run out of shelf space, again.
I do want to give a shout out to Jake, the vocalist for Reflections. I had messaged him on Instagram asking if there was gonna be a reissue for Willow and Silhouette because they had gotten crazy expensive on Discogs. He then asked for my address and sent me a copy of Silhouette he had for free plus a tour lanyard.
I also learned you can buy stuff from Japan through Amazon, and then I immediately purchased those two toe albums.

View attachment 130573
Also I've stopped buying vinyl, but I had to get these two when I found them.
I found the Touche Amore one when I went to NYC a couple of months ago in one of those basement record stores and I immediately preordered the Altar of Plagues boxset when it was announced.

20230919_194824.jpg

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
All I know is a party at @zappatton2's house is gonna have a fuckin great playlist with all those bangers.

Also I've stopped buying vinyl, but I had to get these two when I found them.
I found the Touche Amore one when I went to NYC a couple of months ago in one of those basement record stores and I immediately preordered the Altar of Plagues boxset when it was announced.

View attachment 130574
I love anything touche!