The Coffee Thread

• Thread starter Groff
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dhgrind

Reaction score
i was turned onto drip coffee. precisely measuring beans to the gram, using a ceramic coffee mill, and heating the water to specific temperatures. following it all by an artistly snobbish pour. It will really show the character of the coffee.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ryanougrad

Reaction score
Peetes Guatemala San Sebastian for me. Single origin and meets all the requirements for Bullet Proof coffee when the mood strikes. Also, only brewed on stove top espresso. Used to do French Press but was never hot enough for me.

Arkeion

Reaction score
Just wanted to jump in and say I absolutely agree with OP's post: Starbucks coffee is awful.

Haven't had much 'boutique' coffee, but I am looking for something new. I've been guzzling Maxwell House medium lately with a little milk and sugar. Any good tasting coffee you guys can recommend for dudes who like sugar cubes and milk with their morning Joe?

mrjones_ass

Reaction score
For me coffee just tastes like coffee... lol.
Maybe I havent drunken enough to be able to tell good from bad...

HaMMerHeD

Reaction score
I've recently taken to roasting my own beans, as I was unable to find anything decent locally. It's a lot less expensive that way. It takes me about 30 minutes to roast a pound of beans, which is about all I can consume in a week.

My favorite bean so far is an Ethiopian Yerga Cheffe Kela Kochore.

I have found I prefer dark, but a blend of light and dark is also quite good. It's hard to beat the aromatic presence of a good dark roast though.

I can drink it black, but I prefer to add about 2tbsp of heavy cream and 1g of stevia to 8oz of coffee.