The "Controversial" Metal drummer thread

• Thread starter ImBCRichBitch
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Murmel

Reaction score
My personal favourite metal drummer is definitely Shinya from Dir En Grey. He doesn't lay down them br00tal blast beats all the time, but he utilizes his entire kit in a tremendous way. Which in my opinion is much more impressive than blasting away at 5 billion bpm.
He has a great sense of rhythm too.

Not that he can't play fast, he does in a lot of songs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ImBCRichBitch

Reaction score
Also OP I'm not sure whether you're asking for controversial drummers or the best, if you are asking the latter then Sullivan and Jordison definitely take the biscuit.
I was asking for the peoples favorite drummers, or the best. But apparently The Rev and Joey arent even close. Well to some people. Apparently Joeys super slow and Jimmy cant play at all (sarcasm)

sol niger 333

I like stuff
Reaction score
Herb from Primus, John Stanier from helmet and Morgan Agren from special defects, also Josh Freese from APC. Give me groove and feel any day over fast hands and feet. Don't know why Joey always gets mentioned, he is sloppy as all hell and has no power behind his drumming.