The Dirty, Angry, Crusty Thread.

Mwoit

Reaction score
IDYLLS - The Barn

More noise rock, but it's chaotic and dirty and noisy.

a3299367660_10.jpg

https://idylls.bandcamp.com/album/the-barn

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

efiltsohg

Reaction score
bump

looking for fairly recent blackened sludge album recommendations, if anybody still follows this thread. Something with minimal math/grind/hardcore elements

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
Going to counter that and ask if there's been any cool math/grind sludge like Fawn Limbs recently

also stumbled across @thinkpad20 's project Kuroi which is like Discordance Axis and Lykathea Aflame and fucking rules

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
bump

looking for fairly recent blackened sludge album recommendations, if anybody still follows this thread. Something with minimal math/grind/hardcore elements

Blackened sludge? That's tough because I feel like a lot of elements that make something be sludge (slowness, groove) can contradict certain things that make something black metal. The only thing I can even think of that is maybe right is Inter Arma

Maybe Celeste? They aren't sludge... but they are blackened... something... I know how the song that I want to show you goes in my head but I can't pick it out because all of their tracks are titled with like full sentences written in French lol

efiltsohg

Reaction score
Blackened sludge? That's tough because I feel like a lot of elements that make something be sludge (slowness, groove) can contradict certain things that make something black metal. The only thing I can even think of that is maybe right is Inter Arma

Maybe Celeste? They aren't sludge... but they are blackened... something... I know how the song that I want to show you goes in my head but I can't pick it out because all of their tracks are titled with like full sentences written in French lol

I've only heard Inter Arma's latest so I'll check out their back catalog & Celeste, thanks

efiltsohg

Reaction score
Oddly enough, Old Man Gloom is scratching the same itch for me despite having no black metal elements whatsoever

broj15

Reaction score
Pretty sure I made a thread about them a while back, but some friends of mine from Atlanta put out one of the most crushing albums I've heard in a minute. Good mix of sludgy tracks & fast rippers with sick riffs & a few heavy "semi breakdown" parts. Also thier drummer Sasha does vocals while they play this stuff and it's unreal.

gunch

Reaction score
motherfucks, Jon Chang and Rob Marton are playing together again and nobody made a big deal about it?

akinari

Reaction score
motherfucks, Jon Chang and Rob Marton are playing together again and nobody made a big deal about it?

No, this was a gigantic deal for me. One of my favorite albums of last year. I offered to let Rob borrow my SS140C for the tracking but they went with Friedmans.

gunch

Reaction score
Pretty sure I made a thread about them a while back, but some friends of mine from Atlanta put out one of the most crushing albums I've heard in a minute. Good mix of sludgy tracks & fast rippers with sick riffs & a few heavy "semi breakdown" parts. Also thier drummer Sasha does vocals while they play this stuff and it's unreal.

I like it, its like plebian grandstand but S L O W

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Don’t know if Left Behind has been posted in here, but No One Goes To Heaven SLAPS.

broj15

Reaction score
Portrayal Of Guilt from Texas. Played a couple shows with these guys and they keep blowing me away every time they release more material. Their newest release is 6 tracks of blackened hardcore in just under 10 minutes.

akinari

Reaction score

Easily the best release from this band yet. Absolutely manic vocals.