The EB MusicMan 7 Club

• Thread starter Norstorm
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jfrey

Reaction score
any chance i can get this without living in US?
been drooling this for a while
_cfimg1124269395247547060.JPG

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nahkaparoni

Reaction score
This thread gives me GAS, big time. How would you guys say the neck profile on these compares to the usual Ibanez necks, like the one on the 1527's? I'm an Ibanez fan, but trying to expand my views, haha. Sucks that I have nowhere near where I could try these so maybe you guys could shed some light my way. Thanks.

lobotom

Reaction score
I'm back in this club after 4 yrs with a JPXI7 and I'm loving it. The only issue that I wanted to check out was with regards to the low B piezo saddle. My 56 gauge string doesn't seem to touch the piezo saddle - anyone else having this issue?

My jpxi piezo dosnt work on the high e. I don't know what's going on there

Hi guys,

After going trough this with my low B, I've noticed that if you go for a very low action, you have to play around with the saddle and bridge post height to find the right spot/balance with the piezo for string contact. I know that it sounds simplistic but after trial and error I got rid of the problem using .056, .059 and 062. Hope that this helps.
Alex

DslDwg

Reaction score
I'm back in this club after 4 yrs with a JPXI7 and I'm loving it. The only issue that I wanted to check out was with regards to the low B piezo saddle. My 56 gauge string doesn't seem to touch the piezo saddle - anyone else having this issue?

I had the same problem. I also use a .56.

I adjusted the bridge so it sits back a little further in the cavity instead of being perfectly parallel to the top of the body.

This ensures the string sits well against the piezo pick-up and I've had no further issues.

Santuzzo

Reaction score
I have a question to those who own or have played an EBMM Petrucci 7-string:

what's the PU-switching like on those? Are the humbuckers split-able? or would this have to be modded?

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I had the issue on my JP12-7 and also my baritone JP. The bigger strings don't like to contact the piezo saddle very well. You kind of have to play with making sure the string is bent properly over the saddle so it makes the best contact possible. Still is iffy. You would think they would have fixed this issue instead of the nonexistant issue that made them redesign the trem baseplate.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
I have a question to those who own or have played an EBMM Petrucci 7-string:

what's the PU-switching like on those? Are the humbuckers split-able? or would this have to be modded?

Yes the humbuckers split. The middle position on the toggle unlike most guitars does not combine both pickups in humbucking mode. It is a mix of the inner coils of both pickups. It's acually referred to a Petrucci switching.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I had the issue on my JP12-7 and also my baritone JP. The bigger strings don't like to contact the piezo saddle very well. You kind of have to play with making sure the string is bent properly over the saddle so it makes the best contact possible. Still is iffy. You would think they would have fixed this issue instead of the nonexistant issue that made them redesign the trem baseplate.

They need to redesign the saddles for thicker strings. It's a problem that shouldn't be happening.

Santuzzo

Reaction score
Yes the humbuckers split. The middle position on the toggle unlike most guitars does not combine both pickups in humbucking mode. It is a mix of the inner coils of both pickups. It's acually referred to a Petrucci switching.

Thanks!:yesway:

edit: I hear some sounds of Petrucci on Dream Theater albums where it sounds to me like he is playing the neck single coil alone, maybe I am wrong and he is either playing the neck humbucker there or the single coils of both humuckers combined.
Do any of you guys know more about his guitars and the switching?

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks!:yesway:

edit: I hear some sounds of Petrucci on Dream Theater albums where it sounds to me like he is playing the neck single coil alone, maybe I am wrong and he is either playing the neck humbucker there or the single coils of both humuckers combined.
Do any of you guys know more about his guitars and the switching?

As I said he plays the inner coils of of the neck and bridge humbucker. The JPX has a five way and the other BFR's have a push/pull on the tone pot that does the outer coils, but none of the JP guitars (I believe his personal guitars as well) split the bridge or neck pickups seperately.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
They need to redesign the saddles for thicker strings. It's a problem that shouldn't be happening.

And totally forget about even touching the trem. The low B just sounds like a fart. I honestly thought they would have fixed this years ago. It is a well know issue.

Santuzzo

Reaction score
As I said he plays the inner coils of of the neck and bridge humbucker. The JPX has a five way and the other BFR's have a push/pull on the tone pot that does the outer coils, but none of the JP guitars (I believe his personal guitars as well) split the bridge or neck pickups seperately.

OK, gotcha. Thanks! :yesway:

I am considering having my JP70 set up in a way so I can use both coils of the neck humbucker parallel to get a single coil sound. My Ibbys have that option and I use that sound a lot.

Dawn of the Shred

Member Since 2012
Reaction score
Sky blue, the orange one(cant remember name) or the saphire black that looks gray. But iv never seen a real pic of the gray one. Wonder what it looks like in person.