The Faceless Megathread ("Autotheism" available 08.14.12)

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
They're kinda like Necrophagist-meets-Dimmu Borgir-meets-Cannibal Corpse, to me.

http://www.myspace.com/thefaceless

Anyone every check 'em out? I have a bass player friend who recommended them to me, and who is a big fan.

Apparently they're into bands like Nile, Cynic, Necrophagist, and Cryptopsy, which makes sense.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bulb

Reaction score
Just recently got into this band, and ill tell ya, i like what i hear so far, very tight, and based off of the live vids i have seen they are equally tight as well onstage.

Eric

Reaction score
Ive got their Akeluama CD or however you spell that in the CD player right now.

Ripptyde

Reaction score
I fucking love these guys. :metal:

Gonna go see them on the 26th of May...it's gonna be sick.

Jysan

Banned
Reaction score
been listening for a few months...there drummer makes me have to run to the bano and deficate....he's amazing. Very quick guitar playing as well. These guys will only improve and that's kinda scary!

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
They're nice heavy, technical metal. But they have more of a groove to them, like Pantera or CC, I think, than bands like Cynic or Necrophagist. Although sometimes they're equally as out there.

Reaction score
fuckin love these guys. I saw them with all shall perish; the venue was basically a dance floor so i talked with one of the guitarists for a good amount of time before the show. He's a big vetta fan (plays an upgraded vetta one, other guitarist plays a 147), and the tone they got live and in the studio is huge. Cant wait to see them again at metal fest

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
I had actually made this thread 2 days ago...but I don't see it anywhere so I think I forgot to click submit.

In any case.

I cannot get enough of these guys and can't wait to see them with Suicide Silence and Nile.

They're a ridiculous amalgamation of grind core, Black Dahlia Murder, Necrophagist, Cynic, and Atheist.

Andrew

Reaction score
i love the faceless.
my old band played with them and we chilled with them and such last summer. cool dudes. awesome band.

suicide silence on the other hand.... lol

_detox

lurkin'.
Reaction score
The Faceless are amazing. My favorite tech death band ever right now..

Leica= WIN.

Sucks the singer wanted an edumacation or something and went back to college. :squint:

Andrew

Reaction score
are you serious? i heard they had a new album coming out this year??

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
The Faceless are amazing. My favorite tech death band ever right now..

Leica= WIN.

Sucks the singer wanted an edumacation or something and went back to college. :squint:

Bah. He ain't need no edumacation.

NoSleepTilMetal

All you need is Love
Reaction score
I only picked up Akeldama a few weeks ago, after digging the crap out of their myspace setlist. Great stuff, and hopefully I'll be seeing them with Neuraxis in about a month :hbang:.