The Faceless Megathread ("Autotheism" available 08.14.12)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony

Banned
Reaction score
The Faceless are one of the very few Deathcore bands I can get into. Completely sick.

TheMasterplan

Creator//Destroyer
Reaction score
Yeah they pretty much kick ass. I don't typically like "Deathcore" but the shred and decent riffage overshadow any "-core" ish elements to their music. I don't know if you guys have heard anything off of the new one [Planetary Duality] but from the looks of it they may be going full throttle tech death. And I saw somebody else say they were catching them with Neuraxis and I may be hitting up that same show but more for Decrepit Birth and Abigail Williams :hbang:

Giamatti

Reaction score
Absolutely love this band, bro0tal as fuuk. Bands like these never come to Ireland though, travesty. Their Label is putting out some really decent bands, Veil Of Maya and Born Of Osiris in particular (if you're into that jazz...).

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
i checked out their myspace just because, its interesting.

their new stuff sounds very necrophagist and NOTHING like their old stuff, apparently.

and veil of maya :wub:

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
I never really labeled these guys as Deathcore. They were always more tech death to me. And I've loved them ever since my friend first showed me "An Autopsy".

jerm

Reaction score
Fucking good band. Great live, can't wait to see them again when they come with Abigail Williams, Decrepit Birth, and Neuraxis :d

The new album is going to be really good but i doubt it'll top Akeldama because of the loss of their keyboardist and whatnot.

Scootman1911

Reaction score
They lost their keyboardist? Damn that sucks. I liked what he added to the band. That pinch harmonic riff in An Autopsy played on keys was damn cool

Lozek

Desk Magnetic
Contributor
Reaction score
Picked up Akeldama last week, really getting into it.

fallenz3ro

Reaction score
I never really labeled these guys as Deathcore. They were always more tech death to me. And I've loved them ever since my friend first showed me "An Autopsy".

Same here. I think they only get lumped under the deathcore category because they are kids, and they are signed to sumerian.

Giamatti

Reaction score
There's a GP tab for "Pestilence" floating around the net. 260 bpm = Beast. But the guitars are playing "12th" notes when alternate picking, not a clue what the musical term is for it, triplet 8th notes or someit. Akeldama was recorded in the guitarists sitting room, sounds decent.

jerm

Reaction score
There's a GP tab for "Pestilence" floating around the net. 260 bpm = Beast. But the guitars are playing "12th" notes when alternate picking, not a clue what the musical term is for it, triplet 8th notes or someit. Akeldama was recorded in the guitarists sitting room, sounds decent.
Ya i actually find the production on Akeldama to be amazing. Everything is really clear. He also recorded a few of the bands on Summerian. Born of Osiris for one...

auxioluck

Metal Teddy Bear
Reaction score
Picked up their cd randomly before the Summer Slaughter last year...It said, "For fans of Necrophagist..." I went...."Why not??" Definitely came out of nowhere for me. I can't wait for the new cd!

blackout

Reaction score
Same here. I think they only get lumped under the deathcore category because they are kids, and they are signed to sumerian.

No they definately do have deathcore elements, breakdowns being one of them (end of An Autopsy, end of Pestilence, couple in the new one The Ancient Covenant to name a few). These days just that is enough to make a band Deathcore and I don't think people want to admit it because of the piss poor overall image Deathcore has within the metal community - so calling something Deathcore is like looking down on it. But really, there just is some damn good deathcore out there on the mountain of Suicide Silence worshipping excrement.

I mean look at bands like Beneath the Massacre and Through The Eyes of The Dead, maybe not to everyones tastes but they are often considered as Deathcore, because of the breakdowns, whether they sound like hardcore or not its an idyom of influence from somewhere other than Death metal.

Not trying to pick a fight at all btw, i'm just in the mood for a rant:agreed: