The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

• Thread starter Steinmetzify
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
So like a lot of people these days, less employed than I would like to be.

I might have stumbled on the chance on getting an entry level job into the other side. It's the 811 people you call and then they fuck off for an hour and you wind up with spicy dirt.

I've been on the other side of that, I hablo espanol pinche maricon, and know how to lead a job. She always says I grew up spoiled, but all she knows how to do is her college degree. I know what I know and and humble enough to ask about what I don't. I still don't get why people think we should do a corporate study on how to make a job easier instead of the dude you're paying like $5-10$ an hour to do the job. Dude's working his dick off, making you millions, personally I think his opinon is the one that matters.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I feel like if you have a receipt/tracking # with a date you sent it to the CRA then that would be enough to cover your ass, no?

Maybe better safe than sorry. Doesn't matter which country, the taxman is a prick.
it should be enough yeah. I hate the waiting though lol

I may try DHL later today. I have a feeling they'll give me the same answer as UPS and that they just hand it off to the USPS

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
Fuckin A that was br00tz.
"This guy won't stfu about this" top text.

Woke up and it felt like my outer quadriceps have surgically replaced and I don't have post op pain meds. Turns out yesterday was just a bunch of PRs, at 5-6.5k ft elevation. Whatevs. The real pedal hours are today with the 25 and 50 milers, maybe next year.....
I'm trashed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
The wristband on my "army watch" broke after serving me well for 10 years. Since it's intergrated I don't think I can switch it. Can't believe the thing even runs after 10 years even being digital. What kind of nuclear battery does it have. :lol:

Edit: You can actually buy spare parts for it despite being a $20 watch. Hell yeah. :leon:

Last edited:

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
so i was googlin' around, and wouldn't you know it.. Louis Dejoy was testifying in front of a congressional committee last week as to why the northern atlanta post office are so horrible right now. I think I read something somewhere where his eta on it getting better was like 60 days...or so he says. That's not good.

Son of a...... I think I will send a second copy to be safe. Might try dhl on monday since they weren't open on the weekends. If that doesn't work, I'll try another post office I guess since I can't really think of any other options around here.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The wristband on my "army watch" broke after serving me well for 10 years. Since it's intergrated I don't think I can switch it. Can't believe the thing even runs after 10 years even being digital. What kind of nuclear battery does it have. :lol:

Edit: You can actually buy spare parts for it despite being a $20 watch. Hell yeah. :leon:
My $20 Casio watch has a "10 year battery in it" (claimed and printed on the watch itself). 5 years in.

Metropolis

Reaction score

It can still run more than 10 years... 😁 Just out of interest I searched first model of Casio G-shock and some of them function after being 40 years old. Though they ask something like 1500-4500 for one in great condition because it's a classic now.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
FWIW I really like my solar G-shock with RF timing. As long as it's not under a cuff for three days straight it trucks along really well. Probably more robust than what most people need, but on average far cheaper than the Citizen eco-drives w/ satellite timing. I think the name of the model I have is "rangeman". I've had so many low end watches bite the dust over the years because they couldn't handle much more than desk work day in and day out, and with the silicone band a lot of the G-shocks are surprisingly comfy in comparison.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
Casios are generally bombproof ime. My dad has had his casio for over 40+ years of hard abuse and only the bands have failed.
I have a Casio that survived all my time in the army and all the outdoor abuse I've put it through for like 10+ years. I've only had to swap bands on it a few times so far, and no battery swaps yet.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I have a movado and the battery died after a year, and I still haven't replaced the battery ... 5 years later. I keep meaning too, but I'm still living the monk life post covid so I haven't gone anywhere to get it replaced.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
so i was googlin' around, and wouldn't you know it.. Louis Dejoy was testifying in front of a congressional committee last week as to why the northern atlanta post office are so horrible right now. I think I read something somewhere where his eta on it getting better was like 60 days...or so he says. That's not good.

Son of a...... I think I will send a second copy to be safe. Might try dhl on monday since they weren't open on the weekends. If that doesn't work, I'll try another post office I guess since I can't really think of any other options around here.
How far you need to send this package? May be cheaper to just drive there than resending it over and over.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
How far you need to send this package? May be cheaper to just drive there than resending it over and over.
lol far unfortunately + a border crossing. It's at least a 2 day drive.

It looks like the CRA is allowing faxes temporarily due to all of the mail problems, but UPS couldn't get a fax to go through this morning. Probably due to so many people trying to do the same as me. lol

what a mess. 😅

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
crisis... AVERTED

Apparently it was shipped the day I sent it, and the USPS never updated the tracking info until it got to Canada lol fuuuuu that was stressful since I couldn't get a fax to go through today.

I need a nap after all of that.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
crisis... AVERTED

Apparently it was shipped the day I sent it, and the USPS never updated the tracking info until it got to Canada lol fuuuuu that was stressful since I couldn't get a fax to go through today.

I need a nap after all of that.
Gotta love when some is too goddamn lazy to update the tracking number which results in weeks of stress.