The HAARP Machine Megathread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

I play music

Reaction score
Same in Chicago, it's for sure a luxury to have an in unit washer/dryer.
As the other guy said already, washing machines are cheap. At least compared to the guitar gear discussed here in this forum. So not at all luxury.
Shit, around here in-unit laundry costs more than an extra bedroom.
Must be a cheap place to live where a a bedroom is less than a washing machine.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
As the other guy said already, washing machines are cheap. At least compared to the guitar gear discussed here in this forum. So not at all luxury.

Must be a cheap place to live where a a bedroom is less than a washing machine.
I guess I could buy one of those shitty ones that you hook up to a regular sink fixture, if I want to wash three things at a time. There'd be no room to put a full size washer and dryer (gotta have the dryer for the 3-4 months out of the year where its too cold out to hang-dry). It's definitely cheaper here than major metropolitan areas, but definitely not inexpensive, at least if you don't wanna spend 60% of your income on rent.

Aumann

Reaction score
This band is now officially know as

The WAASHING Machine.

Plot twist, it was the washing machine playing guitar all along.

Seriously though, i tried to rewatch his singing video. At least, like at least he could have consulted a singing coach. He holds his chin up too high, his pressure is completely wrong and when he attempts to sing halleluja i can just feel my own vocal chords strain when i see and hear him. There's no technique whatsoever and practicing singing like that is completely useless unless you want to drill yourself into bad habits.

Al'washingmachumin lost the plot.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
Idk I was listening to Disclosure in my car and have random thoughts having not listened to it since like 2014-2015:

- Extension to One and Machine Over still slap
- Semensky's singing is good but his harsh vocals were awful, a deeper more powerful growler would have ruled
- All the different world music elements feel tacked on and one basic sound (Middle East or Oriental) and some synth's would have been enough

And as a divisive figure the man himself is I think there's a sincerity and conviction to his riffs that I wish he would share more with the world and maybe over time people would forget all the ??? stuff he's been known for

RoRo56

Reaction score
- Semensky's singing is good but his harsh vocals were awful, a deeper more powerful growler would have ruled

Yeah he wasn't much of a harsh vocalist. Wasn't particularly good live either, but didn't catch any flack because everyone was too busy freaking out over Al.

jco5055

Reaction score
Same in Chicago, it's for sure a luxury to have an in unit washer/dryer.

I live in Lakeview but I was looking at Wicker even though I knew it's $$$ but any place I could have afforded rent didn't even have in-building/on-site laundry so I X'd that really fast.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
I live in Lakeview but I was looking at Wicker even though I knew it's $$$ but any place I could have afforded rent didn't even have in-building/on-site laundry so I X'd that really fast.
Same exact boat for me. I ended up in Lincoln Park because the west side was actually more expensive... how screwed up is that considering the west used to be the slums.

jco5055

Reaction score
Same exact boat for me. I ended up in Lincoln Park because the west side was actually more expensive... how screwed up is that considering the west used to be the slums.

Yeah you gotta admit "downtown" Wicker is hard to beat though, but it does have a weird feeling since it has the "look" of a bad area.. now if only it wasn't such a pain to get over there via public transportation...they should make a blue/red connecting stop somewhere closer than downtown.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Yeah you gotta admit "downtown" Wicker is hard to beat though, but it does have a weird feeling since it has the "look" of a bad area.. now if only it wasn't such a pain to get over there via public transportation...they should make a blue/red connecting stop somewhere closer than downtown.
Oh don't get me wrong, the main strip of Wicker Park is by far my favorite place in Chicago. If it wasn't for the ridiculous rent prices, I'd move there in a heartbeat, especially since I work in the West side. But you're right, the transportation to the west side is just awful. You have to go to the loop, then back out. Chicago was not planned correctly, at all!

jco5055

Reaction score
Oh don't get me wrong, the main strip of Wicker Park is by far my favorite place in Chicago. If it wasn't for the ridiculous rent prices, I'd move there in a heartbeat, especially since I work in the West side. But you're right, the transportation to the west side is just awful. You have to go to the loop, then back out. Chicago was not planned correctly, at all!

I do the either Belmont to North red line and bus or Halsted bus and bus lol

NosralTserrof

Reaction score
Just felt like chiming in on the Chicago discussion. Anyone ever go to Riot Fest? Loved taking the blue line from my buddy's place over to pink line over by Douglass Park.

Veldar

Is Post-Thrash?
Reaction score
Okay if he wants to sing live get an autotune pedal and go 50/50 with the blend, helps me sing live