The iOS Amp Modeler App Thread!

Chuck

Reaction score
Figured it's about time we get a place to discuss these awesome apps. Like the Pod HD Thread I hope it can become vey useful for everyone!

I'm gonna go ahead and list all the iOS gear I have:

Apogee Jam
Line 6 Sonic Port
Agile AmpKit+
Agile Guitar Toolkit
Positive Grid JamUp

What are you guys rocking? :metal:

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Apogee Jam into JamUp.

I might never buy another amp again, and if I do, it's gonna be something small; an RD5 into a 1x12 or something. Apartment living is not conducive to 50/100 watt heads and cabs.

I think Positive Grid has done a sick job with this; IMO it smokes anything this side of an AxeII or a Kemper, and it's made GAS waaaaaaay cheaper. Want a new delay? $5....lol.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rockstarazuri

Reaction score
Jamup Pro XT with the proprietary JamPlug :D awesome practice tool, want to try to implement it at live gigs as well.

Nemonic

Reaction score
Yeah it just about makes me want to sell my HD500
That is two of us. It lays somewhere at my friend's place. He can make a better use of it, because he has no iOS device.
Guitar Toolkit is not a modeler.

Focusrite iTrack Solo, Line 6 Mobile In, Positive Grid JamUp Plug into Jam Up app, Auria DAW (Overloud THM and Convolution Reverb plugins), Garageband (bass plugin).

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Don't do anything but high gain stuff, but a buddy of mine did some good Marshall patches with some delay. Check out user Big D. His mid gain stuff sounds pretty good; he's using this instead of his JVM for gigs.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
How well does JamUp XT Pro run on the iPod Touches? Really thinking about pickup up a used one for the occasion.

Also, is it really better than the HD modeling? If so, the IK bluetooth MIDI thing looks mighty spiffy...

EDIT: I just did some reading, and with a proper MIDI interface, you can even use a Behringer FCB MIDI Controller. Son of a bitch. :lol:

bulb

Reaction score
It's a bit scary how good that Jamup app is. I was NOT expecting that...
I use it with the Line 6 Sonic Port and I really can't find any faults with that setup at that price point.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
Been using JamUp Pro XT as my live rig and for all my recordings since last year (sold all my other amps)

:)

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
How well does JamUp XT Pro run on the iPod Touches? Really thinking about pickup up a used one for the occasion.

Also, is it really better than the HD modeling? If so, the IK bluetooth MIDI thing looks mighty spiffy...

EDIT: I just did some reading, and with a proper MIDI interface, you can even use a Behringer FCB MIDI Controller. Son of a bitch. :lol:

Had both; sold the HD500...this thing kills it. And it's way cheaper too...with the Apogee Jam, the upgrade, the metal pack and the sig pack I'm $130 in. Slays, dude. Get it if you can. There's tones for days in there.

ElasticPancakes

Reaction score
Does the Apogee Jam handle very high gain without hissing and clipping like a b**ch?

Thinking of grabbing one but had a bad experience with the original irig.

Other than that, I used to love Ampkit+. Some nice tones out of that thing, and if the apogee can handle the high gain models, I'm ordering one now!

rockstarazuri

Reaction score
Anyone using the Jamup for bass? They have a sale going on right now, 50% off bass bundles (at the time of writing)

Anyone tried the Jamup for bass and have any recordings?

Thrashman

Got Groove?
Reaction score
The apogee JAM is AWESOME, dude. Never had a problem with mine and i deeply regret that I ever sold it.

Allealex

Reaction score
Jamup is a truly beast of an app, it sounds great, it's damn cheap and it's really plug n' play, I think it's way better than the pod hd 500, which I own.
I use a cheap iRig interface with it but I've not heard many positive things about it, and tha Apogee Jam seems to be awsome in comparison, but the problem is that it works with iOS devices only, and I'd like an interface that could work with both my iPad and my PC, so I can play with VST's in Reaper. Does anyone know a thing like this exists?

Chuck

Reaction score
As for the HD stuff vs JamUp. I'd say it close. The HD I find can sound better through a PA than JamUp but I've also found that it is way easier to tweak JamUp and get something sounding good very quickly. I actually got back into JamUp and AmpKit+ because my HD500 was bothering me, nothing I did made any of my patches sound balanced. They were all too bright of way to dark.

I think with the right monitors and tweaking time the HD series is better from a sound quality standpoint, but when you factor in price there is no comparison. Especially if you use the JamUp Plug instead of one of the $100 interfaces.

It's a bit scary how good that Jamup app is. I was NOT expecting that...
I use it with the Line 6 Sonic Port and I really can't find any faults with that setup at that price point.

Agreed. Say Misha have you uploaded that patch you used in one of your videos, with Ola's War amp? I just can't get that amp model to sound great. Very fizzy and dark. Any tips?

Chuck

Reaction score
Jamup is a truly beast of an app, it sounds great, it's damn cheap and it's really plug n' play, I think it's way better than the pod hd 500, which I own.
I use a cheap iRig interface with it but I've not heard many positive things about it, and tha Apogee Jam seems to be awsome in comparison, but the problem is that it works with iOS devices only, and I'd like an interface that could work with both my iPad and my PC, so I can play with VST's in Reaper. Does anyone know a thing like this exists?

You could get the Line6 Sonic Port. With that you can be using your iPad and then send the signal out through an audio interface into your PC.

But now that I read your question again, I'm not sure if there is an interface tha can work with iOS devices and PC's using modeling from either iOS devices or PC's.