The Les Paul thread

• Thread starter budda
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wiretap

Reaction score
I kinda want the ES-355 in white. I don’t really have much use for an ES but that’s a price and spec sheet I’d be ok with having around for those rare occasions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wiretap

Reaction score
I was about to buy an Edwards LPC but the Black Epiphone LPC made me think. Gibson 498T pickups plus pearl inlays tilt it towards the Epiphone.

And this is why they should’ve done this decades ago. Gibson/epiphone’s been getting their ass handed to them by Korean and budget Japanese guitars for that length of time while they dicked around putting out half-built guitars so they could slap “Gibson” on the headstock and still make it under 2k. I think these epiphones are gonna put a nice dent in the LTD/PRS SE/etc market if they can hang with those kinda product lines QC-wise.

soliloquy

Reaction score
Sorry no pics. I wanted to take some but this was before the release date. I was about to buy an Edwards LPC but the Black Epiphone LPC made me think. Gibson 498T pickups plus pearl inlays tilt it towards the Epiphone.

As a lover for all things Edwards, I would say that Edwards and Epiphones only have one thing in common: They look like an LP

Edwards doesn't exactly play like an LP, which, to me, makes them a better guitar than Epiphone.

An Epiphone would be truer to the 50's Gibson Les Paul, which is fine and dandy. Where as the Edwards would be a guitar inspired by the 90s/2000s with vintage inspired looks, if that makes sense?

dollar for dollar, I personally, would go with the Edwards over Epiphone, if for nothing else, other than gotho hard wear (vs epiphone branded hard wear); and highly resonant body/neck

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
As a lover for all things Edwards, I would say that Edwards and Epiphones only have one thing in common: They look like an LP

Edwards doesn't exactly play like an LP, which, to me, makes them a better guitar than Epiphone.

An Epiphone would be truer to the 50's Gibson Les Paul, which is fine and dandy. Where as the Edwards would be a guitar inspired by the 90s/2000s with vintage inspired looks, if that makes sense?

dollar for dollar, I personally, would go with the Edwards over Epiphone, if for nothing else, other than gotho hard wear (vs epiphone branded hard wear); and highly resonant body/neck

True. I had an Edwards John Sykes before and it played like an ESP Eclipse: Fast, light, and stayed in tune. I just wish they did mother of pearl blocks like Fujigen LPCs.

WillyTheMLGPro

Reaction score
Messaged my main music store about the New Epiphone Les Paul Custom.
Asked about the price which is $2699 AUD. Currently reconsidering and going with an Edwards from Japan for a $1000 less.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Messaged my main music store about the New Epiphone Les Paul Custom.
Asked about the price which is $2699 AUD. Currently reconsidering and going with an Edwards from Japan for a $1000 less.
Sounds like if you want the looks without the les paul bits then the edwards makes sense.

Or grab a used epi lpc ?

:shrug: im waiting for sanely priced sd90s to get back in stock :lol:

WillyTheMLGPro

Reaction score
Sounds like if you want the looks without the les paul bits then the edwards makes sense.

Or grab a used epi lpc ?

:shrug: im waiting for sanely priced sd90s to get back in stock :lol:
I'll probably just get the Epiphone at some point. It basically comes with everything I would mod on to the regular Epiphone with the Gibson headstock.
I still would need some Gotoh locking tuners with tulip buttons.

Nothing's sanely priced for me living in Australia.

John

New album out now: https://goo.gl/PdPVYh
Reaction score
^ people are delusional

"No lowballers. I know what I have."
274867701_10227033075715753_2144174132957364180_n.jpg

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Weren't Epi LPC's 599

18 months ago?

The new IBG ones come with Gibson pickups, Gibson heasdstock, and a HS case.

They still make the older version. The new LE color ways are only 799 or less for the LP and SG.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Meh. Not interested in LPs.

Call me when Rusty Cooley plays one.

Estilo

Reaction score
Ever taken a peek inside your LP cavities? This is the insides of my AJ. This raw wood splinter thing apparently created a fuss on Reddit last week. Definitely a knock on Gibson here. Doesn't matter that it's an unseen part, poor finishing is poor finishing.

I still want a Gibson LPC though.

Screenshot_20240410_145543_Gallery.jpg

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
IMG_9336.jpeg

96. There’s a whole thread for cavities (lol) on MLP.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
@budda i don't see what's wrong with it? Not the neatest but it's acceptable. My switch cavity was left half done.
There isnt anything wrong with it that i saw :shrug: you asked if anyone’s popped their covers.