The LGBT thread

• Thread starter tacotiklah
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynic

Bored Stiff
Reaction score
EwLMfssQ

i'm about to burst out of my top boyzz~

but seriously i thoroughly enjoy seeing people crossdress <3

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cynic

Bored Stiff
Reaction score
It would take ages to shave my legs to look good in a skirt. You should see how hairy my legs are compared to the rest of my body. :x

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
Cynic, you look pretty andro enough to pass. If I looked that good, I would be one happy bitch indeed! :lol:

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
I just shaved my legs and body yesterday. Goddamn process took me an hour and a half. I really hate it, and hope to god I can afford electrolysis and HRT soon. :lol:

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm wishing I hadn't spent most of my life becoming a fatass. That has been a nasty hindrance to a lot of my transition. :facepalm:

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
Finally. That gay cure therapy crap has always made me angry.

90% of people where I live still act as if gay is some disease you can catch simply by spending too much time around them. I'm straight, but ignorance of such degree is unacceptable.

Reaction score
This is the first I've ever heard of this... After reading the article, I'm glad that it's starting to draw serious attention and getting a stop put to it. I mean hell, a kid who is gay can have just as much trouble and difficulty enough with losing his family and everything and wind up on the brink of suicide without such "therapy". Hell, I was at the point of suicide before solidly deciding I was gay and the select handful of family I am good with and close to knew it, but the half of the family that hated me didn't. I know it would have been a lot worse had they known...

But I am curious, what about this so called "therapy" is it that makes it so controvertial and dangerous to kids?

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
It's fundies that say you can "pray away the gay" and "cure" the kids of homosexuality. Basically it's brainwashing kids into thinking they can turn straight. It never works, and the backlash of it can have serious mental and emotional damage when the kid learns that they were born les/gay/bi/trans and that nothing can EVER change that.

flint757

Reaction score
It is the equivalent, damage wise, to telling a kid they aren't good enough or a POS all the time basically. For all I know they could do a lot worse though as well.

Cynic

Bored Stiff
Reaction score
I just shaved my legs and body yesterday. Goddamn process took me an hour and a half. I really hate it, and hope to god I can afford electrolysis and HRT soon. :lol:

Oh yeah, I forgot to reply. It would be neat if you started one of those timelines (with pictures) from when you start HRT until, like, two years later. Would be really cool to see the transformation.

mcd

stuff and thangs
Reaction score
Finally. That gay cure therapy crap has always made me angry.

90% of people where I live still act as if gay is some disease you can catch simply by spending too much time around them. I'm straight, but ignorance of such degree is unacceptable.

I grew up in Kansas and their never was a big gay is bad fad when i went to high school. Did things change in the last 10 years?

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I forgot to reply. It would be neat if you started one of those timelines (with pictures) from when you start HRT until, like, two years later. Would be really cool to see the transformation.

I plan to start one when I get started on hormones. For right now, I DO have a pic of what I looked like around this time last year (before I came out about it and started changing my appearance) and also a pic of what I look like now. It's definitely a work in progress and it will be a while before I'm where I want to be. I can post and put them side by side if you guys want.

Curt

Reaction score
I grew up in Kansas and their never was a big gay is bad fad when i went to high school. Did things change in the last 10 years?
Not sure of the whole of kansas, but here in the southeast region? Oh yeah, big change.
I lost about half my "friends" in high school when I befriended the only openly gay kid, and the only transgendered girl.

Never understood the big deal, really. Even my friends that stuck around wondered if I was gay, or secretly had some "tranny fetish".
Which I find to be stupid... On top of the fact that I veiw transmen/women in the same way as normal men and women.

Sure, If I began dating a nice woman who later revealed herself to me as being transgendered, i'd be a little upset. But only on the count of her being dishonest with me. But with the way most people react(often violently) when they find out... I cannot place much blame on them. transpeople and gays are just as normal as we straight people.

Then again, with what I just posted, i'm sure a load more "classic" straights would boot me from their circle. :lol:

mcd

stuff and thangs
Reaction score
^^ Bro i spent my life growing up betwix manhattan topeka and lawrence, those are pretty "liberal" towns in KS...Don't fret people that ditch you cause of your other friends they were never friends in the first place.

Curt

Reaction score
^^ Bro i spent my life growing up betwix manhattan topeka and lawrence, those are pretty "liberal" towns in KS...Don't fret people that ditch you cause of your other friends they were never friends in the first place.
Its the smaller towns, most notably the one i'm from that seem the most backwards.
Topeka is where i'm moving to next year, btw. :)

And fuck the fake friends, they only hung around when they wanted shit from me. Ahh, that something about high-school that makes you miss it, and be glad you're well past it at the same time. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.