the new Fishman Fluence Mick Thomson signature pickups

• Thread starter soldierkahn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soldierkahn

BAD MAMMA-JAMMA
Contributor
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has dug deep into them yet? Nick over at AP is cheering them on, just wondering if anyone else has dug into them yet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
They were just announced a week ago and it seems like only a couple of people have them. McKnight has a video on YT but the dude's not a metal guy so they sound kinda eeeeh in his hands.

Another video I found where they just sound like standard Moderns to me lol.

Also everyone's talking about Axe Palace clips but I can't find them. If I gotta make a FB account to see them then fuck it, I'll wait lol

Oh boy Nick huh. He's moved away from the bkp stuff?
I remember when they first came out, dude was adamant them about them ***objectively*** being the best active pickup and people that preferred anything else were wrong lol

lattjeful

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
They were just announced a week ago and it seems like only a couple of people have them. McKnight has a video on YT but the dude's not a metal guy so they sound kinda eeeeh in his hands.

Also everyone's talking about Axe Palace clips but I can't find them. If I gotta make a FB account to see them then fuck it, I'll wait lol

I remember when they first came out, dude was adamant them about them ***objectively*** being the best active pickup and people that preferred anything else were wrong lol

Maybe my Google fu is pretty bad, but I'm not able to find Nick's clips either and I do (unfortunately) have a FB account.

And yeah these just sound like Moderns to me.

soldierkahn

BAD MAMMA-JAMMA
Contributor
Reaction score

yeah Nick posted them on the AP FB page, and i think Nicks personal FB page. He said they are more balanced and not hella scooped. I tried to grab a set from him before i went back out on the road but they sold out so now I have to wait. was a little miffed he didnt set a set aside when i told him i was grabbing a set on his announcement post but oh well.

soldierkahn

BAD MAMMA-JAMMA
Contributor
Reaction score

I highly doubt theyll beat the Adlers that I have but i wonder if i should even compare them together with each other. Those Adlers are perfection in my Holcomb

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
yeah Nick posted them on the AP FB page, and i think Nicks personal FB page. He said they are more balanced and not hella scooped. I tried to grab a set from him before i went back out on the road but they sold out so now I have to wait. was a little miffed he didnt set a set aside when i told him i was grabbing a set on his announcement post but oh well.
So basically Moderns but with less of the midrange honk going on? Would actually be an improvement lol

soldierkahn

BAD MAMMA-JAMMA
Contributor
Reaction score
So basically Moderns but with less of the midrange honk going on? Would actually be an improvement lol

Thats what got me interested in them. They were supposed to be less "cocked wah" sounding, but unfortunately it doesnt look like ill be able to judge them until i get them in the RGA and try them out.

Apex1rg7x

Agent of Chaos
Reaction score
I have a set in one of my Horizons currently. I wouldn't say they are groundbreaking by any means, but I definitely like them more than the Moderns I've had in the past.

soldierkahn

BAD MAMMA-JAMMA
Contributor
Reaction score
I have a set in one of my Horizons currently. I wouldn't say they are groundbreaking by any means, but I definitely like them more than the Moderns I've had in the past.

thats what Im hoping for. I dont absolutely abhor the Moderns I have in it now, but they definitely leave a lot to be desired.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
He actually talks about it in the end. Says the effect was so subtle it wasn't worth it lol. Said the only way it was really noticable was when he uses headphones, cranks it loud, and (seemingly?) set the gain low.

But Ken gonna Ken

But yeah from what I'm hearing about these, they're just a little better than the regular Moderns.

soldierkahn

BAD MAMMA-JAMMA
Contributor
Reaction score
He actually talks about it in the end. Says the effect was so subtle it wasn't worth it lol. Said the only way it was really noticable was when he uses headphones, cranks it loud, and (seemingly?) set the gain low.

But Ken gonna Ken

But yeah from what I'm hearing about these, they're just a little better than the regular Moderns.

yeah, as excited as I was in the beginning..... with the price of these, ive resolved myself to just get another set of Adlers since theyre a "known good"

Flappydoodle

Reaction score
They sound really good to me. I'm not hearing the obnoxious mid spike of the moderns. The KSE set has a huge mid boost too. I'm sure it's great for live tones, but it's very "not satisfying" to jam with at home.