the new Fishman Fluence Mick Thomson signature pickups

• Thread starter soldierkahn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lurè

Fake Shredder
Reaction score
Dunno, the only Fluence that made me interested in are the Classics and maybe the Abasi.
This new signature sounds like something you could completely cover with a Modern.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Dunno, the only Fluence that made me interested in are the Classics and maybe the Abasi.
This new signature sounds like something you could completely cover with a Modern.
If these actually get rid of the ugly-ass midrange of the Moderns, I'd say this is what the moderns SHOULD have sounded like lol

Hoss632

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
yeah these sound awesome here.
They sound very eh to me. But then again i've never particularly liked Mick or Jim's guitar tones. They fit Slipknot's music 100% just not a tone I personally like. I still think Fishman's best pick ups are the Willie Adlers.

HATEMORPH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
i personally loved Seymour Duncan Blackouts, then the EMTY pickups came out and i fell in love with them, especially for lower tuning stuff but then got into Fishman Fluence moderns and felt that, for me personally, they were just perfect for the tone i was subjectively chasing.
i have about 8 guitars with Moderns and 2 guitars with classics. i find that the Mick Thomson Sig's sound like a mix between the moderns and the classics. it has lower output than the modern, but higher output than the classics, they're a little more chunky than the Classics voice 2 and a little tighter than the moderns. for me, i think the EQ is a little less midrange-ish, too. they sound awesome and i specifically installed them in a guitar that was naturally bright sounding. these did the job perfectly, and made that guitar more balanced to my ears.

all in all, they're great sounding pickups but i still prefer the standard moderns, but thats just my taste. i definitely recommened them.