The Official After the Burial Thread: All things ATB!

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
Reading through this thread you'd think the production was like an early 90's kvlt black metal album or something :rolleyes::lol::lol::lol:

Album is sick, I'm glad they stepped things back up again after In Dreams

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Eptaceros

Wayfarer
Reaction score
The drums sound like stock samples...any time I hear a blast beat, it's cringe worthy. The production on Rareform was perfect for their style, but this just sounds like a work in progress. There are some alright moments throughout the album, but they all remind me of other riffs from the past.

tm20

Reaction score
got the album yesterday and have listened to it a few times. pretty good, but most of the songs sound a bit empty. it's hard to explain but the other albums just had a more full sound, maybe it's the guitar tone. other than Wolves Amongst Ravens, I'm really liking Pennyweight and Nine Summers

kevdes93

Sassy
Reaction score
pennyweight, and parise are pretty cool. nine summers is the cursing akhenaten of this album and of fearful men is berzerker part 2

tm20

Reaction score
Then Pennyweight would be like Aspiration part 2, i really like the happy feel of the song ^_^

kevdes93

Sassy
Reaction score
i think neo seoul sounds more like aspiration, especially the intro. its probably my least favorite track however

-One-

Not So Kool-Aid
Reaction score
So we're pretty much all agreed that this album is Rareform Part Two? Because that's what I was waiting for when they released In Dreams, and I was very disappointed, but this album is exactly what I wanted (except for in terms of production), and I cannot be more happy about it.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
So we're pretty much all agreed that this album is Rareform Part Two? Because that's what I was waiting for when they released In Dreams, and I was very disappointed, but this album is exactly what I wanted (except for in terms of production), and I cannot be more happy about it.

I haven't bought it yet, but I'm hoping I agree with you guys on this being Rareform Pt. 2. Nothing would make me happier (except them making a better album than Rareform, something I couldn't describe or even imagine).

-One-

Not So Kool-Aid
Reaction score
I haven't bought it yet, but I'm hoping I agree with you guys on this being Rareform Pt. 2. Nothing would make me happier (except them making a better album than Rareform, something I couldn't describe or even imagine).
It's a good deal closer to Rareform than it is to In Dreams or Forging a Future Self, honestly. It's not chuggy enough to remind me of FaFS, and it's not metalcore-y enough to remind me of In Dreams. It's technical enough, uses the 8th string enough, and totally lacks clean vocals, which makes it seem more like Rareform to me. Also, can anyone confirm that the guest vocals on Virga are in fact Nick Wellner? It sounds EXACTLY like him, but I can't find confirmation either way.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
It's a good deal closer to Rareform than it is to In Dreams or Forging a Future Self, honestly. It's not chuggy enough to remind me of FaFS, and it's not metalcore-y enough to remind me of In Dreams. It's technical enough, uses the 8th string enough, and totally lacks clean vocals, which makes it seem more like Rareform to me. Also, can anyone confirm that the guest vocals on Virga are in fact Nick Wellner? It sounds EXACTLY like him, but I can't find confirmation either way.

It is indeed Nick Wellner. This was confirmed by Anthony, via our very own Rick.

Eptaceros

Wayfarer
Reaction score
This album is definitely closer to Rareform, but it's just not on the same level. Everything sounds like a rehash of an older song.

Metalus

JP BFR Whore
Reaction score
I just think it was EQ'd less than ideally. It has a shit load of low mids and lows, but it lacks a real "bite" that highs add. True, it's not unappealing to listen to as it is, but the range it's placed in means that so much of the mix is in that low EQ range - guitar, bass, and half of the drum kit. Everything lacks a true punch because it's all competing to be audible in my ears. When i heard this riff on the studio update, I was excited because it was crazy low and groovy but it still had that bite I'm talking about: (2:51 in the video)

Does anyone know which song is at 1:51?

that short guy

Reaction score
Soooo I'm actually really liking all of the songs. It's a little different from what they've done but still have the ATB vibe. I guitar is a little lacking on some songs but overall I really like it.... and yes I'm an ATB fan boy, all though I really do think anothy is there best singer (and a good one at that)

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
I'd have to agree, IMO Anthony is there best singer as well.

I'm really digging the new album, it has some great tunes on it. My two favorite right now are Anti-pattern, and Nine Summers.

ayaotd

Reaction score
I really prefer it to In Dreams. I love Virga. The songs on the album get me going/pumped like Rareform did. I just love the style of playing I guess!