The Official Agile ERG Thread

Halowords

Reaction score
Hey axiomIII,

Do you know how a 0F# sounds on these scale lengths?, - 30” 31” 31.5” 32” ..If you have videos on you tube I would like to see them please. The reason I ask is because I am considering a 27” to 32” scale d4 to F#0 and I ‘m not sure if shorter scale on the lower side would be better for the other strings.

Would a neck through plank be build able with a 34 or 35” fingerboard? You don’t have to fret it I just want to know what it would cost? Since my body is a unique hollow body and your customs don’t do this with the shape I need, I could show you a picture of it if that helped.
It would be nice but not essential for the 10 string kahler to be also given and maybe the bridge pickup? If these are on the list I would like to know the price before and after adding them.
If it was up to me I would ask for a 48 fret 10 string 27” to 32” (or lower) to be made by you but I don’t think you fret that high.. so the fretless (or partial,) finger board will have to do. Could you make me a good deal?
* Fan fret Neck- with finger board (fretting optional but 48 is desired if so.)
*Fretting Optional
*10 string kahler Optional
* Bridge pickup Optional
*All controls and wires separate for my use. Optional

halowords? you like hollow body agiles yes? maybe a reverse ritter body with the above stats would be good?

I'm not sure Agile would make something like that to be honest. I can also not give you any direct feedback on that not at that scale.

That said, if thsy do I am curious how yours turns out.

And yes I like hollow body guitars. I actually ordered a 9-string 27"-30" with a Septor body that should be coming in December. My plan is for a BEADGCFAD tuning which will be a bit floppy and maybe a bit dark, but should be usable at least for playing with. We shall see. It is going to be six inches shorter than what that low B would be on a six string bass. I would have liked a semi-hollow body for this, but as for now a multi-scale version of the semi-hollow bodies does not exist (insofar as I know). I may eventually opt for a 30" 8-string semi-hollow baritone (I think that might have been available in the AS-300 body, could work on the HARM body as well) but will likely just get and play the Septor for quite a while before feeling the need for another guitar. I could see an 8-string 30" single-cut semi-hollow or double-cut tuned like a Bass VI on the low end and with high A and D strings being a wonderful addition. Ditto with a 7-string just with a high-A string; that would not lose too much on the high end.

I am not sure what the Ritter body looks like.

-Cheers

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

axiomIII

48 frets, 11 strings
Reaction score
Hey axiomIII,

I'm not sure Agile would make something like that to be honest. I can also not give you any direct feedback on that not at that scale.

That said, if thsy do I am curious how yours turns out.

And yes I like hollow body guitars. I actually ordered a 9-string 27"-30" with a Septor body that should be coming in December. My plan is for a BEADGCFAD tuning which will be a bit floppy and maybe a bit dark, but should be usable at least for playing with. We shall see. It is going to be six inches shorter than what that low B would be on a six string bass. I would have liked a semi-hollow body for this, but as for now a multi-scale version of the semi-hollow bodies does not exist (insofar as I know). I may eventually opt for a 30" 8-string semi-hollow baritone (I think that might have been available in the AS-300 body, could work on the HARM body as well) but will likely just get and play the Septor for quite a while before feeling the need for another guitar. I could see an 8-string 30" single-cut semi-hollow or double-cut tuned like a Bass VI on the low end and with high A and D strings being a wonderful addition. Ditto with a 7-string just with a high-A string; that would not lose too much on the high end.

I am not sure what the Ritter body looks like.

-Cheers

307585-l.jpg

307586-l.jpg

Yeah this is what rondo guys wrote.. and the pics I sent them..
"Thank you for your message. We can only accept custom orders for the guitars listed on our custom shop page. We have several Agile models, but none that look like the picture you sent. The custom options are listed for each Agile custom guitar we have available. None of our guitars are available with a scale length longer than 30".
Warm regards"

I can see a custom neck being put on a simple body.. I guess I have to make both.. :/
keep in touch..

And I know, a bit crappy for ms paint! but the general idea is seeded. like geodude....

I'm making this curved nightmare anyway! fec it!

Last edited:

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Sooooo, this is now mine:

inte827rncpblackflamefloyd1.jpg

Ebony FB, Floyd, two humbuckers. All for $325. How could I not? I've been wanting a Floyd 8 for EVER, and so I finally decided to pull the trigger. I can't wait! Prepare yourselves for some greasy 80s rock! Or not, since I won't upload any clips. :lol:

lewis

Reaction score
Anyone own this, played this or has an opinion on this??

30inch Scale Im seriously gasing for having just seen it

al830ebflatlblack1.jpg

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Sooooo, this is now mine:

inte827rncpblackflamefloyd1.jpg

Ebony FB, Floyd, two humbuckers. All for $325. How could I not? I've been wanting a Floyd 8 for EVER, and so I finally decided to pull the trigger. I can't wait! Prepare yourselves for some greasy 80s rock! Or not, since I won't upload any clips. :lol:

So I got it tonight. And my suspicions were confirmed: Floyds work WAY better on 8s than Kahlers do. It's just as glorious as a 6 or 7 string Floyd. Huge pitch drops (I can go from the high E down to B, whereas the Kahler only gets down to C#.) and the 8th string doesn't go completely slack immediately.

The weird thing about this is the heel is different from my old Interceptor. That one had an AANJ style, whereas this one is a symmetrically rounded one with no beveling or tapering. Kind of a bummer, but for $325 I ain't complaining!

And as usual, I can't say enough about Agiles. This is my fourth Agile, and I've got loads of other high end customs and production instruments. The Agiles are crazy good for the money. Just amazing value.

Kittenflower

Reaction score
how do their one piece necks hold up? There's a guitar I'm fancying but I'm wary of the neck. It'd have to ship overseas as well...

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
how do their one piece necks hold up? There's a guitar I'm fancying but I'm wary of the neck. It'd have to ship overseas as well...

No problems from my side. My oldest Agile is only a few years old, but I have guitars that are decades old, and have single piece necks.

In other news, I spent FOREVER adjusting the guitar tonight. I wanted to lover the action farther than the bridge would allow. I normally do that, because I'm OCD about low action. So I had to take off the neck, shim the pocket, and put it back on and then readjust the Floyd. But I'm nice and low now! And once again, I'm in love with Cepheus passives. So raw, open and articulate!!

Kittenflower

Reaction score
No problems from my side. My oldest Agile is only a few years old, but I have guitars that are decades old, and have single piece necks.

Nice to know :) Djeez... The guitar I wanted got a price slash to 399 as B-stock but when I add it to my cart it says it's "not in stock"... :scratch:

Kittenflower

Reaction score

audyint

bedroom warrior
Reaction score

Kittenflower

Reaction score
I actually got this model. Honestly, I love it. It's my first 7 string and I couldn't be happier. I wish I could play it right now but it's in the shop getting the frets leveled.

Oh lucky you! Glad to hear it plays well :)

I'm getting a Legator fanned fret instead now though, also blue ;-)

tennernoob

Reaction score
Hi all

Hope this ends up in the right place.....

I've been in extended (<<sorry>>) conversation with Kurt and Theresa over at Rondo and have pretty much settled on a Fanned Fret (multi scale 27"-30"), fixed bridge, Intrepid in Lizard Burst from the custom shop and am properly excited!!

My question is : I'm based in the UK so have to ship the beast across. I have asked & researched about Import Tax & Duty etc so thats (ahem) fine. What actually happens when the guitar hits the UK? Do HMRC contact me to settle? Can / how do I pre-advise them (HMRC) of its shipment? Do I have to go somewhere to collect?

Kurt has told me they "complete all the paperwork, all I need to do is pay the govt" but I'm terrified of my pride & joy disappearing into a warehouse never to be seen again!