The Official MMA Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pero

makes his own bacon
Reaction score
So, with Minotaur out with an injury, Mirko Cro Cop has stepped in to take his place in a battle against Frank Mir at UFC 119's main event.
This fight came so unexpected,because Mirko already said in our media that he will take a break and he reduced his training, and now in only 5 weeks time he will go against Mir
It will be a very interesting fight.

anyway Go Mirko :hbang:

Raoul Duke

This is bat country
Reaction score
I have a feeling Cro Cop is going to get his ass beat.

Cro Cops only chance is to finish it early I reckon. Come in all guns blazing and try to overwhelm Mir

There is a very high probability he is going to get his ass choked :agreed:

Also I'm rather pumped for UFC 118 this weekend. It will prove if Frankie Edgar got lucky the first fight with BJ. I have a feeling BJ is going to come out and destroy him Joe Stevenson style :lol:

Then there is the freak show of James Toney V Randy Couture. James Toney has a chance of knocking Randy out but when it goes to the ground it will be good night I predict

heineken_fretwalker

Team Ibanez
Reaction score
UFC119 this weekend! I had heard Cro Cop was going to pull out of his fight with Mir due to an eye injury in his final training session, but it appears he's been cleared to fight. I think he's going to get stomped, but I would love to see him kick Mir's cocky ass. I also can't wait for Ryan Bader to pummel Little Nog.

Frey

Reaction score
As far as UFC 119...

I'm really pulling for Mirko against Mir. I actually like Mir alot but Mirko is my second favorite MMA fighter of all time. I think this fight will determine if Mirko is destined to just fight chumps and no-names the rest of his career or if he's got it in him to steam-roll his way to a title shot and end his career the way I would hope as the UFC Heavyweight Champ (then again Cain Velasquez will be no easy win). If he goes into this fight hungry and aggressive then I think he can pull it off for sure but if he doesn't care than he probably doesn't have a good fight ahead of him.

I also really would like Bader to win and I think it's pretty likely that he will. Also with implications of a title contention match against Jon Jones I would much rather see Bader face him. I think Ryan Bader vs Jon Jones would be a great match up. Jon Jones will probably win but I don't think it's one sided at all and I do think Bader could pull it off.

Not vastly interested in the rest of the matchups...

Tomorrow night let's see Mirko send Mir to the cemetary!!!!!!!!!!

pero

makes his own bacon
Reaction score
Mirko got poked in the eye by his sparing partner on the last training before the fight, and his cornea got cut. He says he will have to be extra careful not to get hit in that eye during the fight because it still hurts and he doesn`t have perfect vision.

here`s a link to the pic of the injury ......maybe NSFW
Ekskluzivno: Fotografija krvavog oka zbog kojeg su Cro Copu sugerirali da otka

and, I just red he`s gonna get paid 1,2mil$ for tonight`s fight,

anyway, it`s gonna be a long night, the fight is in 4AM my local time

Frey

Reaction score
119 was infuriating for me! Everyone I was rooting for lost and most of the fights bored me to tears... It looks like Mirko's career is over, what a run though...

heineken_fretwalker

Team Ibanez
Reaction score
Yeah, the majority of those fights were extremely boring. I'm glad to see Ryan Bader win, and despite wanting him to lose, Mir came out on top. UFC120 is alright, but I'm really really really looking forward to 121.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Glad to see Bader win this one; dunno how I feel about the Mir - Cro Cop fight. Frank looks like he's matured as a fighter, though... so I respect that. Pulling off a last round knockout (even if it's with your knee) takes some talent, so I applaud him. Mirko looked weak from the second the bell rang, though. :(

Frey

Reaction score
Yes 121 should be great! I'm looking forward to seeing Cain rip Brock's head from his shoulders. Great card overall but probably my second most anticipated fight on that card is Schaub vs Gonzaga. I really love Schaub and I think he has what it takes to be a top 5 heavyweight. I'm glad Bader won as well, that bit of ground and pound in the first was intense. Also despite Mir's ego and poor performance against Mirko (even though he KO'd Mirko) I think he is a fantastic fighter. Mirko really didn't look to great... I think he's destined to fight the scrubs of the UFC from now on.

pero

makes his own bacon
Reaction score
119 was infuriating for me! Everyone I was rooting for lost and most of the fights bored me to tears... It looks like Mirko's career is over, what a run though...

He says he´s gonna rest till the end of this year, but he plans at least two more fights in the future

-K4G-

Go Auckland Blues!
Reaction score
Anyone saw 121?
I'm a Lesnar fan but damn does he looks amateurish compared to Cain?
And the Sanchez fight was pretty amazing too. Glad he went back to Greg Jackson's camp. He looked totally different compared to the BJ Penn fight.

Riffer

No Title
Reaction score
Anyone saw 121?
And the Sanchez fight was pretty amazing too. Glad he went back to Greg Jackson's camp. He looked totally different compared to the BJ Penn fight.
Yeah I watched it. I picked every fight correct except for the Sanchez one. I was a huge Sanchez fan before but then afer the losses to BJ and the Jon Hathaway I was kinda over him. So I picked Thiago to win but the one time I root against Sanchez, that's when he goes all out and destorys someone. But the Lesnar fight. I was rooting for Velasquez. I never liked Brock. He's a good fighter and has a huge future even after this loss. But I didn't agree with the title shot he got with a 1-1 record to begin with. And he came off as a jerk in some interviews and he was just a big dude with alot of power. He has gotten alot better since he first got into the UFC though for sure. And he has slowly won me over with time. But I'm glad he got a reality check with this loss to Cain.

Rommel

Reaction score
I was pulling for Thiago, but Diego did a great job. I was surprised that Brock came out like he did. I thought he was going to let Cain come to him.

heineken_fretwalker

Team Ibanez
Reaction score
Anybody watching Rampage vs Machida tonight? Phil Davis just pulled off a one handed kimura. I've never seen anything like that before.

coldm51

Reaction score
Their was a lot of controversy on Rampage's split decision win.. I believe he won it fair and square.. Lyoto is by far a legit fighter and I would still consider him top pound-for-pound in the world but I just don't think he came with his piss on fire for the match that night.

spkenn5

a n00b
Reaction score
Anyone saw 121?

i know im late, i just noticed that we have mma thread here lol. oh boy lesnar did the same thing he did when he first fought mir, he went all out and ran out of gas... very dissapointing loss. im a lesnar fan, but when it comes to technique, the guy is a joke. he is all force. i still remember back when people was questioning about lesnar vs fedor, fedor would thrash him.

heineken_fretwalker

Team Ibanez
Reaction score
Their was a lot of controversy on Rampage's split decision win.. I believe he won it fair and square.. Lyoto is by far a legit fighter and I would still consider him top pound-for-pound in the world but I just don't think he came with his piss on fire for the match that night.

There's no doubt in my mind Rampage won that fight. He was constantly the aggressor, landed more shots, and pretty much controlled that fight. I can't wait for the rematch, as well as the Rampage/Rashad rematch.

Latest posts