The Rep System Should Be Terminated

• Thread starter Randyrhoads123
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randyrhoads123

Got a 7
Reaction score
In my short time here, I haven't received many rep ratings. However, even in my short time, it seems to me that this system is rather useless. While I don't particularly care about this system, I find it to be counter-intuitive to discussion on this site about serious issues. While receiving compliments or constructive criticism can be nice, it seems that these are generally not what is posted. After getting neg repped and having these comments posted on my profile, it seems that this system just allows for passive-aggressive, anonymous, harassment of other users.

These particular posts were in response to my posts in a thread about trialware and another user apologizing after being apparently massively neg repped and harassed for stating his opinion on the subject. These users would rather anonymously post asinine comments rather than engage my opinion in the thread with their own thought-out rebuttals. That seems to me, to be a problem.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this subject? I realize that "this is the internet, what do you expect", but even though I have been here a short time, I think that the community and general attitude here is one of the better ones I've ever seen online. So, I'm here to listen and respond to what anyone else thinks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Don't be an ass/dumbass/dick/prick/moron/anyotheradjective and you won't get negged. If you find yourself to be continuously getting neg repped then consider that your report card for the forum.

A lot of red means you're not positively contributing/trolling. Eventually most people realize that we aren't Harmony Central and thus those kind of posts aren't tolerated on here - hence the rep. Don't like the red stuff - get your game right and you'll be soon getting green.

Also complaining about rep on here usually gets you a nap - if you're not old enough to realize it's the internet well then....

:2c:

Status
Not open for further replies.