The RG7 mods ultimate thread

• Thread starter OneTwoThrill
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I got my 7620 w/ the 707 already installed and I want to go back to passives, so to cover the route I decided to put a pickguard on it. This kicked up several different ideas on how to change up the rest of the guitar to be a little different. Got the guard yesterday-

View attachment 142897

When I’m done-

Gold saddles on the black LoPro
Black Dimarzios w/ gold screws
Gold nut pads
Gold retainer bar
Gold tuner bushings
Gold machine heads
Gold inlay dots

If any of you are interested in trading LoPro saddles, let me know. Just those are as expensive as new pickups and I have a hard time justifying an aesthetic purchase like that., but I think this will be SICK when I’m done.
That's going to look nice.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Both look great! Are the inlays the real deal or stick ons? (no judgement, just curious!)

Was the 1527 refinished?

Ron Head

keep calm raise hell
Reaction score
Both look great! Are the inlays the real deal or stick ons? (no judgement, just curious!)

Was the 1527 refinished?
Inlays are decals ( super thin stickers ) , the 1527 still is a black pearl one ( pick-up swapp with Lundgrens and the lo-pro edge )

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Cherokee Warrior
Reaction score
Perle FR body loaded up with EMG 57/60’s and a Gotoh 1996-T 7 bridge, Schaller Sure Claw, and matched up with a RG7321 neck with a Tusq XL nut, and Hipshot locking tuners. I dive bomb and drop to slack and pull the g string sharp up to a 5th and it comes back in tune fantastically. I’ve done my own fret level, crowned with a Z file, and the nut has had its slots filed and polished and lubricated to ensure absence of friction. I love playing this FRG7321/7620!

Attachments

• IMG_5656.jpeg
    IMG_5656.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_5659.jpeg
    IMG_5659.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_5660.jpeg
    IMG_5660.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5661.jpeg
    IMG_5661.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_5662.jpeg
    IMG_5662.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 39

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
Perle FR body loaded up with EMG 57/60’s and a Gotoh 1996-T 7 bridge, Schaller Sure Claw, and matched up with a RG7321 neck with a Tusq XL nut, and Hipshot locking tuners. I dive bomb and drop to slack and pull the g string sharp up to a 5th and it comes back in tune fantastically. I’ve done my own fret level, crowned with a Z file, and the nut has had its slots filed and polished and lubricated to ensure absence of friction. I love playing this FRG7321/7620!
wow, do you take outside work?

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Cherokee Warrior
Reaction score
I also put some Schaller Lockmeister Intonation Screws as they are shorter and fit in the trem cavity better. Also have heavy duty springs in there, and I flutter just fine with them.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've seen you post it before and I watched your trem setup video. Frickin sweet guitar! I love the FR body too, too bad the production ones are hard to come by. If I get a body from Perle or Five Alarm it's going to be an FR.

What do you think of the 57/60 combo?

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Cherokee Warrior
Reaction score
I've seen you post it before and I watched your trem setup video. Frickin sweet guitar! I love the FR body too, too bad the production ones are hard to come by. If I get a body from Perle or Five Alarm it's going to be an FR.

What do you think of the 57/60 combo?

I still prefer the 66 over the 60. I got the 60 years ago because my 66 got damaged and all Ron from EMG had available at the beginning of Covid was the 60. I may list the 60 soon to get another 66.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Not to derail the thread too much but what do you like better about the 66?

I've been looking at all three and thinking I want to try those in my 1527.

Latest posts