The RG7 mods ultimate thread

• Thread starter OneTwoThrill
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

chris9

Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bmtf

Reaction score
Stock HRG72 (2005)
1000002922.jpg

Where are they now?

1000002934.png
VLF with cosmo black switch normally used for coil split on modern Ibanez. It's a blower switch for the bridge pup now (emg/etc. solderless plugs fit on the prongs once the Ibanez pickup selector/wiring harness is removed.

1000002933.png
BKF hrg73 with no candy mod

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Stock HRG72 (2005)

Where are they now?

View attachment 143139
VLF with cosmo black switch normally used for coil split on modern Ibanez. It's a blower switch for the bridge pup now (emg/etc. solderless plugs fit on the prongs once the Ibanez pickup selector/wiring harness is removed.

View attachment 143140
BKF hrg73 with no candy mod
I frickin love those! I can't believe Ibanez never made more or more variations.... The closest thing I can think of is the RGIR's and I thought those only had trems.

My RGA7 is filling the void for now, but I may have to get a custom body to get close to an HRG.

bmtf

Reaction score
@Crungy I wish there were more rga7 variants. Prestige, flat finish like hrgs/121s with or without the plain maple top. Actually I just want to try a diff Gibraltar 7, but don't want a xiphos lol.

There's a walnut flat ir27 with a fixed bridge on reverb since you said that ^ but I'm also not using these relics right now. Need to sell to fund a custom body LOL

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
@Crungy I wish there were more rga7 variants. Prestige, flat finish like hrgs/121s with or without the plain maple top. Actually I just want to try a diff Gibraltar 7, but don't want a xiphos lol.

There's a walnut flat ir27 with a fixed bridge on reverb since you said that ^ but I'm also not using these relics right now. Need to sell to fund a custom body LOL
Look at us typical forum members, wanting guitars that are a spec or two off lmao

I've been a little love/hate with the Gibraltar bridge, but I think I'm finally liking it again. Even the RGA7 as a whole: I liked it at first, then wasn't vibing with it and now I'm back to liking it. Especially with 707's.

I didn't realize there were a couple of those on there right now... Decent prices too.

l1ll1

SS.org Regular
Reaction score