You want TesseracT+Periphery gigs in Europe in 2010?

• Hell yes!

Votes: 52 61.9%
  • I'm just jealous because I don't live in Europe

Votes: 32 38.1%

• Total voters

Equivoke

dickbut
Reaction score
I would still wait before judging Elliott's compatibility with the band, as he's still only doing Dan's vocal parts.

I can't wait for some new material with him, and I think it will definitely be better lyrically than Dan's stuff.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MacTown09

Reaction score
I would still wait before judging Elliott's compatibility with the band, as he's still only doing Dan's vocal parts.

I can't wait for some new material with him, and I think it will definitely be better lyrically than Dan's stuff.

I thought dream brother was one that he wrote. If so, it makes sense cuz its the one that is stuck in my head like crazy afer only a couple of listens.

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
hmm I would maybe agree with you after simply reading your very sure post on the matter, but after listening to it, I'll have to say no, it's a lot less enjoyable than dan's performance to me.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
certainly doesn't suck or ruin the song, but I can't say that this cover adds anything new whatsoever to the original or gives me any reason to listen to it again

I can't take the vocals. the buckley cover is decent because you can tell that he's one of elliot's biggest influences, but it doesn't do anything that the original doesn't do better.

Can't take his voice on the other stuff. He has that American, teenager accent/delivery thing going on that I can't stomach.

Always thought Tesseract were pretty boring but listened to them because Dan gave them this sort of regal, cinematic prog rock feel with the vocals. All of that is gone now.

hmm I would maybe agree with you after simply reading your very sure post on the matter, but after listening to it, I'll have to say no, it's a lot less enjoyable than dan's performance to me.

For someone who CLEARLY doesn't like the material, you sure do have a lot to say about it. :rofl: Shame it's all negative. :squint:

Ah well, at least they didn't lose a huge fan, just a casual one. :D

I'm sure they're crying themselves to sleep about it right now. ;)

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
Well his post was so convincing I was questioning myself and my taste, so I had to take another listen. But as it turns out, what he stated was an opinion and not a fact.

I'm quite relieved now.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Well his post was so convincing I was questioning myself and my taste, so I had to take another listen. But as it turns out, what he stated was an opinion and not a fact.

I'm quite relieved now.

It's a good thing your reading comprehension skills are so advanced, most others would have missed the part where he stated it was a fact, not an opinion. Oh wait... :rolleyes: The condescending attitude in your posts is most annoying, dude. Seriously, you just come off as completely pretentious. :noplease: I'm struggling to remember a post of yours in this section that wasn't bashing the topic of discussion and that is just plain sad.

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
It's a good thing your reading comprehension skills are so advanced, most others would have missed the part where he stated it was a fact, not an opinion. Oh wait... :rolleyes: The condescending attitude in your posts is most annoying, dude. Seriously, you just come off as completely pretentious. :noplease: I'm struggling to remember a post of yours in this section that wasn't bashing the topic of discussion and that is just plain sad.

I just need to use more smileys man, I'm messing around.

every time I've commented it was on something different, the first song elliot sang on, the jeff buckley cover, and this audition, it's not like I keep coming in to say I don't like one thing (like that one guy in that complains about the production on the new veil of maya every three days).

I give everything a fair listen and then state my very important internet opinion.

you'll see that my opinions on the matter are all a lot less condescending than "to all the elliot haters, this blows dan's version away"

my opinion every time has been "eh, doesn't do anything for me, enjoy dan's singing a lot more" not "yo this blows, dan killz this dood bring dan back bros plz"

bigswifty

Reaction score
I find it really hard getting into Elliot's vocal style over the music of TesseracT.
Considering that he is re-doing Dan's vocal parts, he is likely a ways from his comfort zone, but his sandbox style doesn't click with the instrumental aspect for me.

I enjoy both Elliot and Dan's vocals, and both are exceptional vocalists but the difference between the two in TesseracT is their execution. Dan's vocals bloomed out of the mix and echoed in and out, whereas Elliot's vocals seem to pop out at you as a separate entity. In that respect, Dan wins for me. I wish I could hear Elliot slightly less extravagant in his vocal range and accents (when covering Dan's parts) so I could compare tonally how his voice sits over their older material. But of course that's not Elliot's style :metal:

I keep thinking that maybe Elliot's tracks could use some more echo/reverb/sit back in the mix a bit?

All this is IMO, and hopefully someone would like to provide an alternate perspective :cool: Punny, eh?

That being said, I still think this is one of the best sounding TesseracT moments and Elliot's best performance with the band.

F*cking incredible. :metal:

bhakan

Reaction score
Dan's vocals bloomed out of the mix and echoed in and out, whereas Elliot's vocals seem to pop out at you as a separate entity.
I think that's a really good way of describing it, but I actually really like Elliot's style. I personally like Elliot's vocals better as as a focal point of the song, where Dan's really highlghted the song as a whole more, since they seemed to be more a part of the ambiance rather than on top of it. They both have different styles, and are both phenomenal, so picking a favorite would be really hard.

Sikthness

Reaction score
Don't jump down the guys throat cuz he has a different opinion. Elliot is a fantastic singer, and very talented, but I much prefer Dan as well. Simply a personal preference thing. This is a 'discussion' forum, not a mindless praise forum. I don't like it when someone comments something useless like "this band is fuckin gay, they blow dick', cuz its not constructive. Its ok if someone doesn't dig your favorite band.

Volteau

the Bard
Reaction score

VILARIKA

Reaction score
So it seems most people prefer Dan, but Elliot is also fine, it's been repeated many times. Now that's out of the way, can we discuss anything more than comparisons between the two vocalists? :lol:

rjnix_0329

Reaction score
So it seems most people prefer Dan, but Elliot is also fine, it's been repeated many times. Now that's out of the way, can we discuss anything more than comparisons between the two vocalists? :lol:

THIS.

As soon as I get my copy of Perspective, you betcha! :hbang: