Things to look forward to in 2017

• Thread starter rahul_mukerji
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rahul_mukerji

Reaction score
2017 seems promising so far, with respect to concerts, with this great line up tour. MDF looks pretty good too ... all in the same month :hbang:

Who are you guys pumped to see next year? Or who's album are you most anticipating?

2016's been rough on musicians so I've decided to catch all my favorite acts when I can, because seriously you never know :ugh:

15626254_10154914105282948_2942116303107065572_o.jpg

14445114_1173251746046661_2810604729889985684_o.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cslushy

Reaction score
I am personally super excited to hear more from Native Construct after their excellent debut album. From what I hear it will not be a concept album so it will be interesting to see how they approach it. Also I am hoping for new Novelists, Veil of Maya, and BTBAM.

Serenity

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to seeing Sixx AM, Guns n' Roses, Metallica, Gojira, and hopefully The Rolling Stones.

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
hoping to catch the Emperor reunion show this summer somewhere.

will be seeing The Dillinger Escape Plan in February.

Swans in March.

Got tickets for the Devin Townsend OM show in September.

The Mirror

Reaction score
I just booked a 1 1/2 week vacation with my girlfriend to Bulgaria.

Devin + Ocean Machine + Amphitheater + Full Orchestra = Probably best concert ever.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Maryland Deathfest looks good this year, I am considering making the trip down.

Hour of Penance album in January :metal:

SD83

Reaction score
Concerts: so far, Deftones, Arch Enemy, Kreator, Soilwork, Sepultura, Farmer Boys, Whitechapel... hopefully Gojira & Heaven shall burn. Yes, it might be an even better year than this one.
Albums: right now, mostly Mechina & The Voynich Code.

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
There's only one concert that I know of that is coming close enough to here so far to go see next year, and that is (hed) P.E. and Motograter...not a fan of most of (hed)'s new stuff, but they have some solid jams, and I saw Motograter with American Head Charge back in June, and they killed it, so they are the main band I am looking forward to seeing. Also hoping to get a new band going and play some shows of my own before the year is out, so I'm looking forward to that as well. :)

Deception

deceived
Reaction score
Really looking forward to the new albums from Uneven Structure, Monuments, John Browne's Flux Conduct, The Helix Nebula, David Maxim Micic

Gig wise I'll be seeing Meshuggah for the first time in January

broj15

Reaction score
already 2 shows booked in 2017. One of which is with some good friends of ours who we've seen play plenty of times (and vice versa) but never played with. The other is the album release show of one of our favorite locals who never play shows unless it's to release new material/tour for new material. Then we're heading into the "studio" in February to record with the guitarist of GriefSeeds (one of the best diy screamy hardcore bands going right now). On top of that I'm looking forward to the 2 mini vacations me and my girlfriend have planned: we're going to Chicago in the spring since I've never been there and then we're going to Indiana in the summer so she can meet my family

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
As of right now, at least musically speaking, all I can think of is new Pain of Salvation album, and may use visiting the in laws as an excuse to go see them in Buffalo NY in February.

coreysMonster

Abrakadabro
Reaction score
So many of my favorite bands came out with amazing albums this year, I got to see Tool, Plini, TesseracT, Gojira, Meshuggah and Devin Townsend live. The only way 2017 can possibly be any better than this year for me is if Tool finally released a new album, and we all know that's not gonna happen.

cip 123

Reaction score
My Band! :lol:

But seriously Meshuggah in January should be ridiculous...I'll see how the rest of my uni course goes after that...

rahul_mukerji

Reaction score
Yeah I'm looking forward to the new album from PoS :hbang:
Should be amazing!

And yeah Tool and Necrophagist booked their sessions at the same studio ... so whenever one album come out the other one will soon follow :lol:

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
Looking forward to my neighbor going on vacation for a week - which means I have an opportunity to finally start tracking drums for some material I've been sitting on for a while. Real drums FTW. :hbang:

I've got a basic kit ready to go, but I've not been able to use it without disturbing the neighbor (he says he wouldn't mind, but I don't think he realizes how loud it is). He'll be gone for a full weekend + week, and there's a business downstairs but they close by 6pm, so that gives me a full weekend and a few hours each day for a week. Just need to rent a few better cymbals, and a bunch of mics.