Thinking about buying my first 8 string!

SirDjent

The Illusionist
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been looking around here and there and have settled on the Agile Interceptor Pro 830 MN Nat Satin. I also wanted to but in some bkp warpigs.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zonk Knuckle

Contributor
Reaction score
Over a year ago I settled on an Agile Interceptor Pro 828. I returned it, because it was impossible to lower the action < 2mm without the string angle on the rollers getting to low and creating the banjo effect. Then I got an Agile Septor 828, but I eventually decided to sell it (sold today), since I like to be able to play the whole neck without buzz and choking. Now, I'm awaiting a Carvin DC800, which I'm pretty sure I'm not going to have those kinds of problems with. edit: If you must have the 30", I don't know what else to tell you though. Rondo does have a decent return policy if you end up not liking it.

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
I love my Agile Septor Elite 827 but dude if you can afford the extra money for the Carvin then go for it.

SirDjent

The Illusionist
Reaction score
Allright I'm thinking that I should go with a 27" or a 28" neck instead because the 30 might be way to big. I do have the Gibson Buckethead Les Paul and that is 27" so that wont be much of a problem. I just want to know what you guys think. Carvin or a Strictly 7? What would you guys say is the best? I'm open to suggestions.

Fiction

For Mod
Reaction score
I've never been Wowwed by a strictly+7 aesthetically, but I've never played one either, so don't take my word on not going with them, they're also EXTREMELY Cheap for a custom made instrument, as are Carvins. The DC800s that are popping up lately are some of the greatest looking 8s I've seen for a while. So personally, I'd go with a carvin. Also, Ive played a Carvin and really liked the feel.

SirDjent

The Illusionist
Reaction score
Just did a little price checking and it is sitting at about $1,630 for a Blackburst Walnut Carvin with an Ebony fretboard. I think I might jump for it as long as the 27" scale can handle the low F.

Galius

Mentally Guitarded
Reaction score
That shouldn't be an issue. I have 2 agile 828s and a schecter 26.5 scale and while the difference between scale lengths is noticeable, I don't have any offputting problems with the shorter. I even dropped the money on a carvin.