Thinking of Playing a Show In a Morphsuit

scottro202

I'm walkin' here!!!
Reaction score
So, my band will be playing a Halloween party. I want to be as ridiculous as I can get. So, God showed me the ways of a Morphsuit.

My only problem is morphsuits cover the hands as well, so i'm wondering how it'd feel playing guitar in one.

This guy seems to do it fine:

Has anyone tried this? And I had no idea if this should go in off topic or Live Performance, as I figured it could have gone in both, with morphsuits and all. So Mod Squad, move as you please :yesway:

What do you guys think?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Skyblue

Reaction score
sounds like a wicked idea :yesway: are you buying the suit? since you can probably cut whole for your fingers or something....

scottro202

I'm walkin' here!!!
Reaction score
sounds like a wicked idea :yesway: are you buying the suit? since you can probably cut whole for your fingers or something....

Oh yeah, doh! Didn't think of that. Palm muting would be weird, but I bet I could get used to it. Especially for the sake of a morphsuit

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd suggest you practice before doing it so you get used to it haha but I'm betting my ass you already thought of that :lol:. I'd do it in a second though... It'd be so worth it!

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
get the whole band in morphsuits, fire anyone who disagrees with the idea

This. Do it, Scott. Do it, now! :squint:

If the covered hands bother you, and you don't care about it, cut the hands off. :shrug:

I was actually thinking of doing that when my band has a lineup and starts playing shows. :lol:

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
Definitely do it! I'd cut holes for the finger-tips and palm on your picking hand and go to town!

pink freud

Reaction score
I'd think the only way a person could look OK in a morphsuit is if they lack any hair.

tian

Reaction score
As someone who has actually worn one, the oddest thing about it was actually trying to breathe. When you're out in the open it's not that bad but when you get into small enclosed spaces that heat up quickly, like a gig, it can start feeling really claustrophobic.

As for the hands, the suits are pretty thin so it would be the equivalent of playing with thin gloves. I guess that's kind of obvious but I don't know how else to describe it. You do have feeling but you'll lose a certain tactile feel to playing that may be a deal breaker.

IDLE

Reaction score
You should be fine depending on how technical you get. I can play mostly all of my stuff with fuzzy gloves on. I know this because it's freaking cold here!

I would be worried about the breathing though, that could get uncomfortable.

BryanFTWL

#winlosing
Reaction score
1.Buy morphsuit.
2.Buy another halloween costume to go over the morphsuit.
3.....?
4.Profit!

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
Omg, mods, please don't delete that. Lolz had. :lol:

EDIT: Morphsuit selling spambot gone. :(

On topic, my guitarist in an old grindcore band I used to play in played a show in one. Was awesome.

Until he started sweating.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
Solution: cut the fingers off the glove part for maximum awesomeness!

EDIT: I should really read the whole thread. Like 5 people already suggested it. :D