This band is SICK!

• Thread starter Dei
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
I really like the part that kicks in around 1:18, but the rest of the song isn't doing it for me at all, personally. Just my personal taste, though. Glad you guys dig it! :yesway:

Anton

Death Squad
Reaction score
I'm sure they are all great players, but as said before..I cant really see myself listening to something like this, maybe a song or tow but that's it..
It seems like recently bands are trying to be "the most tech ones" and they compromise musicality, for example the part i enjoyed the most was the clean part and then they had a really cool entrance to the part that comes after...

For example Protest The Hero, are tech yet groovy fun to hear, and it's not all about "tech tech tech tech tech" and the music has an amazing flow and vibe...

SikTh(beside being the most amazing band EVER!!!!!!!!!!) are in my opinion the best combination of groove,technique and feel...they just blow your fucking mind away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shred::shred:

I think that the Tech part should be a part of the music, and not the music itself.

Dei

Doomjent
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sure they are all great players, but as said before..I cant really see myself listening to something like this, maybe a song or tow but that's it..
It seems like recently bands are trying to be "the most tech ones" and they compromise musicality, for example the part i enjoyed the most was the clean part and then they had a really cool entrance to the part that comes after...

For example Protest The Hero, are tech yet groovy fun to hear, and it's not all about "tech tech tech tech tech" and the music has an amazing flow and vibe...

SikTh(beside being the most amazing band EVER!!!!!!!!!!) are in my opinion the best combination of groove,technique and feel...they just blow your fucking mind away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shred::shred:

I think that the Tech part should be a part of the music, and not the music itself.

I agree with you partially. I try not to focus on the "tech" aspect of music anymore, music is music, if it makes you feel a certain way and/or creates some sort of soundscape it achieved its purpose. For those who don't feel it, its just not your type of thing, or may be an aquired taste later on who knows. I'm sure when Meshuggah first arrived on the scene people were wondering wtf was going on. SikTh is amazing too btw, loved their stuff for a while.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
^
You would be too if you were once colonized by the French. Not like Texas, AW CRAP! *begins writing his own angry music*

Anton

Death Squad
Reaction score
I agree with you partially. I try not to focus on the "tech" aspect of music anymore, music is music, if it makes you feel a certain way and/or creates some sort of soundscape it achieved its purpose. For those who don't feel it, its just not your type of thing, or may be an aquired taste later on who knows. I'm sure when Meshuggah first arrived on the scene people were wondering wtf was going on. SikTh is amazing too btw, loved their stuff for a while.

I guess it is that it doesn't give me any sort of feeling or even amazes me in anyway...Regarding Meshuggah, they always had their own "fan club" but the thing is they are the first to really push the boundaries regarding being heavy and having weird time signatures.
In the latest bands that come out, it seems that nothing is "new" and it's the same thing over and over again...but maybe just for my taste.

Bands like SikTh(Especially), Meshuggah, The Dillinger Escape Plan, protest the hero etc really blow my mind away and i can just listed to them for hours and hours...

As you said, it's all about the feeling you get from a certain band\genere...

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
wow that was a clusterfuck :lol: can't say I dig it

redlol

Reaction score
sorry but that sounds like another crappy 'br0o0tal' band, weve got enough of that around atm:p
good playing i guess though

TheMasterplan

Creator//Destroyer
Reaction score
Intense, but nothing i could REALLY listen or actually get in to.

:agreed:

They seems like a heavier version of Iwrestledabearonce which isn't appealing for me either. This whole trend of dissonant shred/breakdown/random interlude/more brutality/rinse/lather/repeat bands are starting to get old, quick...at least for me. :noplease:

Apophis

Banned
Reaction score
that was intensive for sure, but I have to listen it few times to understand :)