This band is SICK!

• Thread starter Dei
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Deconstruct

Reaction score
This make me think "PsyOpus!" with some (the) Plasmarifle. But with a Lefty!

I don't know, always been a big fan of bands like this, except for iwrestledabearonce. :shrug:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

oompa

Ze..
Contributor
Reaction score
thanks for the listen, but i can't really dig bands that are just random for the sake of being random. to me there is nothing impressive about practicing a song full of random notes and rythms until everyone can pull it off. it gives me nothing.

i dig their general brutality and im a sucker for technical music but technique is nothing in a song if you can't make something sound good with it. then you're only half-way there imo.

Kevp714

Reaction score
they sound like iwrestledabearonce to me

that was my first impression too:hbang:
but i like Iwrestledabearonce better. That girl can scream!:bowdown:
i saw them live back in august and i was pretty impressed

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
pretty sick man! reminds me of a band called Into the Moat which is pretty good

Into The Moat are awesome!

Starring Janet Leigh are cool i think, my singer gave me their demo/cd/(?) and i thought it was good, but i dont really listen to it. jsut every now and then. same goes for bands as psyopus. i have one of their records (something with "puzzles" in the title i think), but its not played very often. i would enjoy these bands LIVE, if they bring that shit ultra-tight, that would impress me. but i then still wouldnt listen to it at home i think.

Nats

Reaction score
it's like when i open up my drum program, put random hits of everything on the piano roll, play it back and tap over it

Thin_Ice_77

You'll never make it
Reaction score
It's called mathcore. I can't believe you complain about getting negged when you post things like this.
It's called bollocks.

Man, that was shit. There's absolutely nothing musical about it, it's designed to say "Hey, look what I can do!". I don't how anyone could honestly stand listening to that, it's complete crap.

Dei

Doomjent
Contributor
Reaction score
pretty sick man! reminds me of a band called Into the Moat which is pretty good

Into The Moat is sick!

Comon people I understand this may not be your cup of tea, but "technical for the sake of being technical" that's bs, and a very narrow minded way of thinking. In this forum especially there's so much talent and people who understand what it takes to write a song, and the effort that goes into it. With this in mind, how could you say that this band (whom I hear for the crazy structures, jazzy breaks, raw power and emotion) is "trying" to be technical? Theyre just writing what they believe in and what they like, and this band especially in my opinion amongst the hundreds of "grind" acts today has a pretty unique sound. I'v also seen them live and, wow that was a set and a half! So before everyone bombards me with hate, I will say what I said before, if its not your cup of tea, cool, thats fine, diversity makes this planet interesting, but you cant hate on something you dont feel and/or understand.

Anthony_Jacob

Banned
Reaction score
Care to elaborate?

This thread make me laugh that's all. FWIW It's not that we don't "get" it it's that its been done before, and its been done better, and it wasn't even that good to begin with. I'll admit the 1st time I heard iwabo I was impressed enough to buy their ep on itunes. I mean damn that girl can sing and with those gravity blast i thought for sure it would kill. Yeah... i was wrong. Its gimmicky music meant to capitalize on current trends. I tried really hard to like this because they definitely have chops, but I feel the execution is mediocre.:wavey:

shaneroo

Oh, herrrrro......
Forum MVP
Reaction score
i ask this in all seriousness. do people who like this type of stuff understand the vocals at all? no offense of course.

Vletrmx

ζ
Reaction score
While it was pretty sweet when DEP did this stuff 10 years ago, now it's just a little prosaic.