this guy can't be serious

• Thread starter kmanick
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeaDdY

DreaDdY
Reaction score
LOL, I like that idea a lot

... but his prices are definitely insanely high,
I get it that the guitars are in great and immaculate condition, and that with time cause they're getting more vintage they go up in price but NOT to the sky-high, where does he get these prices from ?

Ibanez RG7620 1997 Adriatic Blue - $4000​

Ibanez Rg7620 1998 Vampire Kiss - $3000​

Ibanez K7 2001 Blade Gray - $4500( and now dropped to $3500)​

I've just seen on feeBay the other day an
Ibanez RG2077XL 27" scale stock in good condition with a hardshell case going for $1100 shipped ($950 for the guitar and $150 for shipping), here's the link by the way :

and that's considered a good deal and cheap kinda deal,
but a fair price I think would be around $1500 - $2000 depending on the condition and modifications, but this guy is definitely dreaming about selling them for such prices.

Well,
Good luck to him, lol

bmtf

Hammer time
Reaction score

Wow check out this immaculate rg7420 mc for $2000! The most annoying thing about these listings is knowing the guitar legit hasn't been played a lot or it would have a ding or two. "pro setup included", lol maybe don't touch it at all I'm trying to keep it 2K minty!

Neon_Knight_

Reaction score

Wow check out this immaculate rg7420 mc for $2000! The most annoying thing about these listings is knowing the guitar legit hasn't been played a lot or it would have a ding or two. "pro setup included", lol maybe don't touch it at all I'm trying to keep it 2K minty!
If it hadn't been played, there wouldn't be visible wear on the finer tuners, intonation screws or trem posts. Some of us are just more careful / less accident prone than others.

When I buy a guitar, I do so in the confidence that it is very unlikely to lose resale value as a result of damage, even if I play it every day. 🤷‍♂️

If a guitar like this is "too well looked after" for some people, that just means less demand / lower asking prices for those of us who appreciate the lack of dings...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bmtf

Hammer time
Reaction score
how is the fantastic condition of the guitar the "most annoying thing" about the listing?
A lovely example of a rg7420 is a boring thing. Hell, these are the "replace the pickups and tremolo immediately" guitar! I can't see the frets but it looks like the most action this guitar has ever gotten was when the seller took the neck off to show off the 7620 stamp. Is a nice 7620 neck worth more than a refret? Is the basswood body with finish intact worth more than a used prestige? Love these guitars just wouldn't attach a lot of importance to this model in this condition. Mainly annoyed there aren't cooler used rg7s to geek out over at the moment.

Latest posts