This is arguably the most awesome thing I've seen in quite some time.

• Thread starter CONTEMPT
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CONTEMPT

MIDI ninja
Reaction score
First, let me qualify myself as a MIDI nerd. I do a lot of programming on workstations and I love good electronica. GOOD electronica. Shit like Aphex Twin and Juno Reactor and Skinny Puppy. The music I write tends to get described as more of a 'Short Bus'-era Filter or Ministry crossed with ambient.

So, that being said, I want to have sex with this. Maybe play it a little, too:

kitara_touchscreen_guitar_02.jpg

Misa Instruments Kitara Digital Synth

Instant GAS. I'm fully prepared to remove, ice and fence a kidney on the black market.

From what I can find she's $850 U.S. and releases in April.

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
I'm excited by it, most def (MIDI nerds unite!) but at the same time I'm put off by certain aspects of it.

Primarily, I wish there wasn't a touch screen. Once that thing dies (not 'if', but 'WHEN'), how hard and how expensive will it be to replace?

I'm still waiting for the perfect hybrid of MIDI and guitar. I'd just invent it if I knew what it was, but I don't, so I have to keep waiting for someone else to figure it out. :lol:

*edit* Also, it seems a little wonky in the demo. The guy keeps trying to demonstrate the pitch bending control, and it keeps resetting the pitch when his finger reaches the end of the screen. What's most amusing about this is that he seems surprised by it every time it happens.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd swear this was posted before, but I can't find it.

I'll be curious to see if these finally ship (IIRC they were announced at NAMM 2010).

They do look REALLY cool and I'm looking forward to seeing some hands-on reviews of them.

soliloquy

Reaction score
this has been around for quiet some time.
i forgot the name of it, but youtube was flooded by this device, or something similar about a year or two ago.

its too synthetic sounding for my liking...

CONTEMPT

MIDI ninja
Reaction score
I'd swear this was posted before, but I can't find it.

I'll be curious to see if these finally ship (IIRC they were announced at NAMM 2010).

They do look REALLY cool and I'm looking forward to seeing some hands-on reviews of them.

I promise I searched before making this thread.

If (sorry, WHEN) I purchase one of these I'll get an extensive (probably video) review on here for everyone.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
Wait... so you can't run this into a synth module and access the sounds on it? If this isn't a midi controller, then its not as useful as I suspected.

CONTEMPT

MIDI ninja
Reaction score
Wait... so you can't run this into a synth module and access the sounds on it? If this isn't a midi controller, then its not as useful as I suspected.

It's BOTH. It has an internal sound library as well as a MIDI out to externally control MIDI devices (like my Korg Triton).

SYLrules88

I play drums!
Reaction score
^he says at about 4:30 that its got "full MIDI capability to access any sort of synth module you might want to" and a USB output. sounds like it can damn near do anything.

i know absolutely shit about MIDI but this thing still has me intrigued. thats quite a nice price too for what all it apparently can do. although if i actually bought one of these, id probably spend so much time fucking around with it that I'd forget to play my real guitars!