Those damn Chineese Con-artist bidders on e-bay are still at it!

• Thread starter Mastodon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-IBANE...ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

This kid asking me advice on his first electric guitar and amp (he already plays acoustic) sent me that link thinking he had found a good deal!

These guy's outta stop selling this junk.:mad:

PS: This kid REALLY wants a trem for some reason. I'm trying to convince him other wise. Any advice on how to change his mind? The negatives of owning a trem I mean.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Tubbs Mcgee

Wobbled away
Reaction score
What's wrong with the guitar? I don't really know too much about the different Ibanez models.

garcia3441

Tone Whore
Contributor
Reaction score
Unless I know the seller from one of the many forums I belong to, I don't buy guitars or amps from ebay. (Or it's a dealer with a brick and mortar store somewhere.)

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
I bought an Iomega JAZ drive off eBay once (for a dollar), because I couldn't find one anywhere else and no one would fix the one I had. Needless to say, I got a pice of junk that was missing parts and didn't work. The description said it was mint! :rofl: That was my first and last eBay purchase.

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
Mastodon said:
PS: This kid REALLY wants a trem for some reason. I'm trying to convince him other wise. Any advice on how to change his mind? The negatives of owning a trem I mean.
What's wrong with trem? I'd die if I didn't have mine.

Ibanez_fanboy

I want a 1527!!
Reaction score
Mastodon said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-IBANE...ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

This kid asking me advice on his first electric guitar and amp (he already plays acoustic) sent me that link thinking he had found a good deal!

These guy's outta stop selling this junk.:mad:

tell him full set ups are $100, and THEY REALLY FUCKING ARE!!!! man im pissed this store told me it will be $100 to set up my JS... but i gotta have it done :(

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
Ibanez_fanboy said:
tell him full set ups are $100, and THEY REALLY FUCKING ARE!!!! man im pissed this store told me it will be $100 to set up my JS... but i gotta have it done :(
do it

yourself

you

lazy

butt:lol:

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
Ibanez_fanboy said:

Go and buy yourself a copy of "Electric Guitar Setups"

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0825613795/qid=1141638633/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/026-4785766-0902054

And learn to do it yourself. It's a bit scary messing with everything the first time you do it, but between this book and jemsite's tech section and whatever guide rich has on ibanezrules.com you will pick up all the required tricks.

I learnt, and I do setups on all my guitars, and get them exactly how I want them, WITHOUT paying 100$

Although for 100$ you can get one of those really good chinease guitars i keep hearing about...

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
Tubbs Mcgee said:
What's wrong with the guitar? I don't really know too much about the different Ibanez models.

It's fake ;)

David said:
What's wrong with trem? I'd die if I didn't have mine.

This kid is about 12 and dosn't know much of anything about guitars. So I can imagine him getting frustrated, throwing it in a corner, and giving up on playing electric when he can't set his guitar up right and can't re-string it.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Ibanez_fanboy said:

The good news is, it doesnt take too long, and if you do it yourself, you can go buy 5 CDs instead. Besides, 100$ for a setup is rediculous. for FR Equipped guitars, all the stores around here charge about half that.. (45-55$ for FR, 35-40 for regular fixed bridge/strat bridge).

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
Mastodon said:
This kid is about 12 and dosn't know much of anything about guitars. So I can imagine him getting frustrated, throwing it in a corner, and giving up on playing electric when he can't set his guitar up right and can't re-string it.
ahhh, I get it, and that is true. One of my friends quit because he didn't understand why it would take him 3 hours to tune his GRX20 up half a step from Eb.... and it would only take me 2-3 minutes.:lol:

Latest posts