Those of you that sometimes use a rubber band... what for?

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
I feel like there are lots of people that are always or occasionally using rubber bands but for what? I've got a few... some small ones, some smaller ones, and some pretty large ones... But I don't know what I can use them for. Any ideas?

And for those of you that never use them... why not? Are there negatives associated with using rubber bands that I haven't considered? They seem restrictive.

My family and I are going on vacation soon and I need to know if I should pack some or not.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
My hair elastics are basically just glorified rubber bands. Sometimes hair just needs to be contained.

What I will say though - is that more dudes need to consider scrunchies. I always used the regular elastics, and they start off as a death grip on the back of your head, then stretch out so badly that they barely hold anything together anymore. But with the scrunchies, they start off being loose enough to not be a pain, and when they stretch a little, the texture of them means they don't lose enough grip to become useless. No more death grip, and no more loose nonsense that has to be looped tighter and tighter until they break.

Bring scrunchies for the whole family. They will thank you.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I used it have long hair and used the black elastic ones. I almost always had my hair in a ponytail and hated it when it wasn't in a ponytail. My hairs were fucking EVERYWHERE. The worst was pulling one out of my ass crack, fuck that shit loleL never again will I have super long hair!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
This thread is ridiculous and I love it.

I make little rubber band guns, exclusively. I cannot think of another reason for me personally to have one.

Yes I am in my 30's, why do you ask?

Demiurge

Reaction score
The need for rubber bands rarely comes up for me now. I have a big bag of them somewhere in my house, and I'm confident that I will expire before the bag runs-out. Guess I know what can be used to keep the lid on my urn.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
My hair elastics are basically just glorified rubber bands. Sometimes hair just needs to be contained.

What I will say though - is that more dudes need to consider scrunchies. I always used the regular elastics, and they start off as a death grip on the back of your head, then stretch out so badly that they barely hold anything together anymore. But with the scrunchies, they start off being loose enough to not be a pain, and when they stretch a little, the texture of them means they don't lose enough grip to become useless. No more death grip, and no more loose nonsense that has to be looped tighter and tighter until they break.

Bring scrunchies for the whole family. They will thank you.
Kvlt hair scrunches when? I gotta take my long hair but look masc at the same time.

I used it have long hair and used the black elastic ones. I almost always had my hair in a ponytail and hated it when it wasn't in a ponytail. My hairs were fucking EVERYWHERE. The worst was pulling one out of my ass crack, fuck that shit loleL never again will I have super long hair!
Every fucking time I wash my hair. Or I take a poop at work in the morning and feel a little tug from an errant hair that's been lodged in my crack.

You can use them to wrap up your chip bags so the chips don't get stale
This is what chip clips are for. I did use rubber bands for sealing bags of frozen peas in the freezer, but I've since switched to little metal clips since I got a bunch to hold the glass plate for my 3D printer bed.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
So...

Chip clips for life! I'll use big thin stretchy rubber bands for chip bags in a pinch but generally speaking, they do too much damage.

My OCD would unfortunately never allow me to shoot a rubber-band (nor any other kind of rubber variant) across a room. If it got lost, I'd spend literally hours looking for it. Although I bet that the ones that come with my celery would be awesome for launching... hmmm.

One thing that I hate is that every time I accumulate a decent mass of rubber-bands, they wind up decomposing a year later when I'm in need of one. And in the process some of them like dissolve or melt making quite the mess. But I've got some special ones that are actually real-deal quality rubber. Those bastards rule the roost!

My wife has I swear, 3.8 billion stretchie hair things... I dunno, possibly the ones that Crungy is talkin bout. And they're fucking EVERYWHERE. Last one I found snaking out a clog in the bathtub drain. Sometimes I wear em on my wrist to look young and cool but this isn't a thread about fashion.

And now I think maybe @Crungy and @TedEH have inspired me to grow out my hair again! Maybe fashion DOES have it's place in this thread!

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
Goddamn, the fucking shit slicer hairs. Why tf does anyone have long hair lmao
Am I weird? I occasionally like the feel of anal pain... like if I had a long arrant ass-hair I'd love to tug that fucker right out... the more pain the better, and I'm not afraid to admit that I dig an anus ripping turd!

thraxil

cylon
Reaction score
With all the money we've spent on toys for our cats, nothing is more exciting to them than hair ties. They are the perfect combination of springy and skittery and bitable and easy to grab in your paws but hard to hold onto. My partner and I both have to wear hoodies up when we sit on the couch or the cats will climb on the back and pull the hair ties off our heads. There are probably 100 under the refrigerator now.

Latest posts