Those of you that sometimes use a rubber band... what for?

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
We get these jumbo ones from a pizza place we order from a lot (they rubber band the boxes into a stack), and I use those to hold garbage bags in place in the bin.

lol I have three super large elastic bands... maybe they're headbands idk. But I also use them in my work-room to secure the bag in the trash can. It's an off size and the they work well to hold the 13 gal size bags.
With all the money we've spent on toys for our cats, nothing is more exciting to them than hair ties. They are the perfect combination of springy and skittery and bitable and easy to grab in your paws but hard to hold onto. My partner and I both have to wear hoodies up when we sit on the couch or the cats will climb on the back and pull the hair ties off our heads. There are probably 100 under the refrigerator now.
That's funny and reminds me to check under the fridge more often. Our kitty likes them too. At first I was afraid that she'd swallow one but she doesn't actually try to eat them. I think that she just likes the springy feel between her teeth.

broj15

Reaction score
Securing a linen on top of various containers so that the fermentation projects I do at work (mostly kombucha & miscellaneous vinegars) can still "breathe" but won't get any contaminants or foreign material in them on accident.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
My hair elastics are basically just glorified rubber bands. Sometimes hair just needs to be contained.

What I will say though - is that more dudes need to consider scrunchies. I always used the regular elastics, and they start off as a death grip on the back of your head, then stretch out so badly that they barely hold anything together anymore. But with the scrunchies, they start off being loose enough to not be a pain, and when they stretch a little, the texture of them means they don't lose enough grip to become useless. No more death grip, and no more loose nonsense that has to be looped tighter and tighter until they break.

Bring scrunchies for the whole family. They will thank you.

My hair is about shoulder length, and have used a scrunchy before, but you forgot the ratio of hair to thing holding hair. My wife has an undercut and does the kinda viking ponytail coming off the back. For her hair, the small hair tie works. It's the same one I use when I listen to Amon Amarth and need some viking braids in my hair

76a2710ea687c2f001d008ab2415ec4a.jpg

My hair is just now getting long enough where I don't have to keep my ponytail tight AF like I play prog metal or something, I can have it kind of loose.

(use your imagination, google just pulled up man buns)

I'm all for scrunchies, just gotta get the hair to hair tie ratio right.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
^ I have hair almost long enough to reach my ass, but I still have to wear my ponytail prog metal tight because the front side is really thin and worn out, and therefore much shorter than the rest. I thank my kids for that, it's very stressing when they wake up several times every night and sometimes I have to sit there for hours to get them to resume sleeping. Also our youngest used to pull big stumps of hair out :lol: I guess the best bet would be to cut it all and let it grow back evenly, but I don't think I could take the Beatles-phase a third time in my lifetime :lol:

My wife and older daughter have like a million hair bands that they keep loosing and never find when they're needed, and at the same time I have exactly 1 that I wear around my wrist whenever it's not in my hair. Then I might replace it after a year or so when it's too stretched out.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
^ I have hair almost long enough to reach my ass, but I still have to wear my ponytail prog metal tight because the front side is really thin and worn out, and therefore much shorter than the rest. I thank my kids for that, it's very stressing when they wake up several times every night and sometimes I have to sit there for hours to get them to resume sleeping. Also our youngest used to pull big stumps of hair out :lol: I guess the best bet would be to cut it all and let it grow back evenly, but I don't think I could take the Beatles-phase a third time in my lifetime :lol:

My wife and older daughter have like a million hair bands that they keep loosing and never find when they're needed, and at the same time I have exactly 1 that I wear around my wrist whenever it's not in my hair. Then I might replace it after a year or so when it's too stretched out.

Well in that case, I'm gonna vote with a bullet on what to do with your hair

pepperkeenan-581x360.jpg

And I know youre from Children of Bodom land, Me and Pepper are both from the south, it'll help if you ever have to sweat too.

zappatton2

Reaction score
I can't pretend I'm not burning with envy, having sported the luscious locks several lost follicles ago. Still, if I had them, I'd be all about bringing back the bangs in metal. No elastic required.

gabito

Stay at home musician
Reaction score
I guess the best bet would be to cut it all and let it grow back evenly, but I don't think I could take the Beatles-phase a third time in my lifetime :lol:

Yeah, I'm letting my hair grow long again after a long time (I had long hair from '93 to '02, then basically shaved my head Sinead O'Connor style until a year ago). What a hassle.

I'm guessing I'll need another 6 or maybe 8 months until I can tie my hair. Until then, I'll look like a 80s fashion disaster (I have an ENORMOUS amount of hair :lol: )

80s-very-big-hair-10-1922383734.jpg

zappatton2

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm letting my hair grow long again after a long time (I had long hair from '93 to '02, then basically shaved my head Sinead O'Connor style until a year ago). What a hassle.

I'm guessing I'll need another 6 or maybe 8 months until I can tie my hair. Until then, I'll look like a 80s fashion disaster (I have an ENORMOUS amount of hair :lol: )

View attachment 133229
I WISH! I would rock this look like nobody's business. 80's for life!