Those of you with large signatures

• Thread starter Chris
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
:lol: @ DPM with that sig. Ha ha!

nitelightboy said:
I don't love jello.

Actually I like yogurt. Yum!

You like the man yogurt, biz-nitch!
bek099.gif

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

b3n

...Is unacceptable.
Contributor
Reaction score
This thread does not apply to me.

That is all.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
:lol: not all of us.

I'm kinda anti-sig, too. Sure, it's good to share something with the world, but if I have to see it EVERY FUCKING TIME YOU POST, it gets a little old, you know? :lol:

Rog, a "Check out this band" thread about Manticore might be in order, bro - I remember you talking about that, that's pretty damned cool of them. :metal:

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
What I don't get is why even have a 'signature' feature then? I mean, if you're going to put something into a signature, then you want people to see it obviously, right? So why make it small? :rant:

ehh... whatever. :rolleyes: I changed it. I'm over it.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
small and concise = tasteful

large and overbearing = more signature than content. See Tabcrawler's forums (if they haven't crashed again)

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Regor said:
What I don't get is why even have a 'signature' feature then? I mean, if you're going to put something into a signature, then you want people to see it obviously, right? So why make it small? :rant:

ehh... whatever. :rolleyes: I changed it. I'm over it.

Because your signature is if people want to know a little more about you; a quote, your webpage, etc. It's not a place, at least on my forum, for 640x480 ads for your friend's band every time you post.

If you want to "support" Manticore, or want to drum up JustDefy traffic, use this:

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/toplist.php

I created that JUST for that purpose, MONTHS ago. It puts your band, and your buddy's band on the i0-million-hit-per-month front page. If that's not enough for you, I really don't know what to tell you dude. I like signatures. If someone has a website I usually check it out. I don't need a 640x480 animated JustDefy logo to be interested in your site man, I'd have gone there anyhow.

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
Chris said:
Because your signature is if people want to know a little more about you; a quote, your webpage, etc. It's not a place, at least on my forum, for 640x480 ads for your friend's band every time you post.

If you want to "support" Manticore, or want to drum up JustDefy traffic, use this:

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/toplist.php

I created that JUST for that purpose, MONTHS ago. It puts your band, and your buddy's band on the i0-million-hit-per-month front page. If that's not enough for you, I really don't know what to tell you dude. I like signatures. If someone has a website I usually check it out. I don't need a 640x480 animated JustDefy logo to be interested in your site man, I'd have gone there anyhow.

I didn't know the average person can put their stuff up there.
You made your point. I changed it. Back to the fun. :D

skattabrain

slow and low
Reaction score
the other extreme is jemsite ... no sigs ... i hate that and i'll tell you why ... i like to see what my seven string brethren are doing outside this site. when bored it's cool to check out others sites, especially the regulars.

i hope mine isn't too big

nitelightboy

I poop in shoes.
Contributor
Reaction score
Those are some scary ass pics of you Chris. Please try to look cooler, as you are the Admin. on one of the coolest sites around. Thank you in advance from all of us at ss.org.

:fawk:

Popsyche

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't frequent many groups, but I must say that this one has the best layout. Some of them look like refugees from the punch card era. (That Ibanez forum is a good example.) If Chris did all this, more power to him! This site looks cool and has great features.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
skattabrain said:
the other extreme is jemsite ... no sigs ... i hate that and i'll tell you why ... i like to see what my seven string brethren are doing outside this site. when bored it's cool to check out others sites, especially the regulars.

i hope mine isn't too big

I actually like that about Jemsite. You wanna see what people are up to outside of the forums? Visit their websites, there's a handy link in their profile.

Your sig? Actually, I've been meaning to trim it. I'll give you first crack, though - We already know your username, no need to post it twice. Also, three direct links to mp3's are overkill when a single link to a "Music" page would suffice. Don't have one? Write one, it'll take you a couple minutes tops. Really, there's no reason a signature should be more than two lines long.