Thoughts on GOC Guitars?

Crundles

Reaction score
So GOC Guitars are doing a group run on their headless model, apparently partnering with Guitarmory pickups.

690 USD, 6,7 or 8 string, fanfret, american ash body, maple/wenge neck, SS frets, their own hardware, buyer's choice of Guitarmory pickups.

Made in China, which I'm perfectly fine with, if the QC is good.

I checked online, and there's not much info, but what is there, seems good. Anyone have any personal experience? For the price, I'm really tempted to jump in.

Thanks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dh848

Reaction score
I'm giving it a go for this materia run. Had been kicking it around for a month or so now. The price point combined with the guitarmory pickups make it a no brainer for me. Going with the fox bat pickups.

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
Tried a friend's Valkyrie and its no better or worse than an Ibanez Iron Label, so for the price its hard to say no to since you have tp spend hundreds if not thousands more for something of the same vibe.

sezna

undermotivated
Contributor
Reaction score
Where is this group run being hosted? Sounds tempting

Crundles

Reaction score
It's on their facebook - https://www.facebook.com/GOCGuitars/

If the quality is on the level of Iron Label I guess it is a pretty good offer, considering that's my general price range anyway, and I'm quite keen to try a headless fanfret instrument.

Anyone else joining this particular run, or having previous experience?

BillCosby

Reaction score
I've been very heavily considering jumping on the run for a 7. Maybe if I get my taxes before the run closes.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Yeah, I got in on the run. I picked up an 8 string a few months ago on sale. I didn’t have super high expectations, but I was pleasantly surprised. I’d echo the thing about Iron Label quality. Since the build time is 60 days, I’m comfortable paying through PayPal, and then if the instrument never shows up, I can dispute it. I’m not saying that for GOC, just in general. Anyway, I’m in the 2nd “batch” of these for a pink 8 with a maple FB.

Crundles

Reaction score
Yeah I feel pretty much the same way. The specs are pretty cool, they're partnering with a well-known pickup manufacturer, and there's satisfactory feedback on their general quality. Really can't decide on a colour combo and pickups, though.

Oh well, off to the Pickups section for a new thread lol.

dh848

Reaction score
Decent review here

Attachments

• g0c-guitars-review.jpg
    g0c-guitars-review.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 3

pfizer

Reaction score
https://www.gocguitars.com/

They have some interesting headless designs and are priced quite low for the specs. Apparently, the guitars are built in China by American luthiers. Glen Frikker from SpectreSoundStudios recently showed an 8-string model on his YT channel.

Anyone here with any experience or own one? Could be a good alternative to Kiesel, Strandberg or Ormsby.

RiksRiks

ERG Player Wannabe
Reaction score
https://www.gocguitars.com/

They have some interesting headless designs and are priced quite low for the specs. Apparently, the guitars are built in China by American luthiers. Glen Frikker from SpectreSoundStudios recently showed an 8-string model on his YT channel.

Anyone here with any experience or own one? Could be a good alternative to Kiesel, Strandberg or Ormsby.

I mean, didn't Glen also used to make a lot of promo for Legator? Not saying that GOC will be the same but I wouldn't take him as a reference. But that's just me.

I'm seriously considering jumping in the run!

Xibuque

Reaction score
Done, Ordered and payed, I am praying to GOC do not screw with the run hehe

Number of Strings: 7
Finish: Antique Green;
Fretboard: Maple, i would love a darker wood instead of maple, but do not like wenge for fretboards.
Pickups: Foxbat ceramic set + black poles.
Gigbag: Yes

Does anyone also jumped into the run?
What specs did you choose?

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
The good thing is the delivery on this is 4 months or whatever, so we can get our money back from PayPal or CC or whatever if for some reason they go belly up. It doesn’t seem like they will, and I specifically told them on FB to not fuck this up like BRJ, Decibel, Siggery, etc. Sounds like they’re on top of it, and I’m pulling for them.

Crundles

Reaction score
The good thing is the delivery on this is 4 months or whatever, so we can get our money back from PayPal or CC or whatever if for some reason they go belly up. It doesn’t seem like they will, and I specifically told them on FB to not fuck this up like BRJ, Decibel, Siggery, etc. Sounds like they’re on top of it, and I’m pulling for them.

They're limiting the run to 50 units, which is good in that it won't let them get swamped but is horrible in that I need to order today and I cannot for the life of me decide on a colour option holy moly

ChugThisBoy

Reaction score
I want to order one too but I have a question. Does the total cost appear before claiming the order or I have to put the order up and the price comes with e-mail?

Crundles

Reaction score
Oh well, in for a penny, in for an antique white 7 with wenge fretboard and Polaris pickups. Was really torn between white and pink, but for some reason the white looks amazing in my imagination.